After Threats To ‘Destroy’ Turkish Economy, Trump Announces Hike In Steel Tariffs | Talking Points Memo

…And only 5% of their steel exports go to us…

20 Likes

I’m going to love seeing Trump’s face when Erdogan nationalizes Trump Hotel Istanbul

Maybe Erdogan can put a huge 100 foot picture of himself on the side of the building.

18 Likes

Weak sauce. You made this happen, moron.

8 Likes

I’m sure Erdogan is quaking in fear, Donnie. I’ll bet you cleared this phony retaliation with Erdogan and Putin in advance.

22 Likes

:roll_eyes: One-track Donnie has one track, on a good day.

It would almost be funny, if people weren’t dying.

6 Likes

Only a mental genius would have the wits to sanction an action he greenlighted a few days earlier.

11 Likes

Seems to me that this must also include Trump himself. After all, what could be more destabilizing than pulling out all our troops and leaving our friends, the Kurds, to be massacred by the Turks?

16 Likes

Trump: “my lovers and my closet friends always think of me as a prince and a peach, so I’m certain that I can count on you as one of ‘President Peach’s’ (that’s me) best admirers…”

1 Like

To be followed by massive tariffs on Turkish taffy.

15 Likes

Wow! Trump has now announced that he will be imposing sanctions on himself, since he is clearly a person “contributing to Turkey’s destabilizing actions in northeast Syria”. Hopefully his unmatched wisdom will make these sanctions on himself the biggest and best sanctions ever seen in history.

13 Likes

Haven’t seen your favorite chimp in awhile.

5 Likes

Btw, I think that any Turkey sanctions are short term or d.o.a…

4 Likes

Has a new fave. Broke up with that one on a sticky note.

8 Likes

Which one?

I just posted TPM’s mascot.

9 Likes

In other news, Putin will soon offer to raise Russian import of Turkish steel to an amount equal to 5% of the country’s total output.

7 Likes

Then stamps the foot he just shot.

12 Likes

So I heard on the radio that 130,000 people have been displaced, isn’t that more than showed up at his inauguration?

18 Likes

So all his properties are out of bounds to all Americans, as well as the US gov’t?

YEAH!

7 Likes

Turns out Trump was right all along. The world is laughing at us. We are the laughing stock of the entire world. They do think we are weak.

8 Likes

The mascot, hadn’t seen him referred to that way.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available