500 Error - Again & Again

Likely a high-traffic day with Kavanaugh, WH defectors, and Woodward stoking the news.

1 Like

I'm waiting to see if we ever get a particularly good day,

4 Likes

Hey Dannysgrandma

I totally get your frustration! The team is working to get the Hive updated and working properly as quickly as we can without inconveniencing the group. We'll keep you all updated via this thread here.

1 Like

Another bug that’s surfaced, exclusive to my iPhone only:

Choosing the “news” section, then scrolling to the bottom and choosing “next” for sequentially previous posts, leaps all the way back to August 31st. It’s done that ever since September 1st.

1 Like

Ah, the Groundhog Day bug.

2 Likes

Hi alphadad,

Thanks for flagging that! Can you tell me what browser and device you're using when you notice that bug?

Jackie

IPhone.

Not an issue on my Apple desktop, using either Chrome or Safari.

For the last few days...

1. TPM Article or discussion section completely hangs browser (.... waiting for cloudfront msg showing unchanged). Have to kill the browser.
  2. Half the time, see "could not load " at the bottom of the article instead of Top Discussion.
  3. Similar frequency, get "Gateway Error" just trying to like a comment.

Current Windows & Firefox.

That just means it's Plea Deal Friday.

3 Likes

I've noticed today it is PAINFULLY slow at the hive...not on the main site. I am trying to find something using search and after 2 or 3 minutes of it spinning, I gave up

1 Like

Yes, this. But much, much worse using a mobile device (iPhone) and quite a bit better with a desktop.

1 Like

Are Hivers TPM riffraff? :wink:

1 Like

What are we? Chopped Liver? :confused:

3 Likes

Very slow on the Hive and have to sign in overtime I go to another site. I know that there is lots of traffic, but system should have been equipped for that.

2 Likes

The heavy traffic days would be a lot more tolerable on a phone if the error popup had its fucking OK button centered in the damned popup so that one could actually touch it.

2 Likes

Aaand it’s back. Really frustrating. If it’s triggered by heavy news days not surprising, but I am being triggered by the actual news and would like the site software to let me see what TPMers are saying.

1 Like

My Hive ear worm
h/t Blood Sweat & Tears
What goes up must come down
Spinnin' wheel, got to go round
Talkin' 'bout your troubles, it's a cryin' sin
Ride a painted pony, let the spinnin' wheel spin

1 Like

See this,

And this,

And Josh's earlier points about the Hive community being a small segment then I think we can see that the expense of resources needed to fix this problem is not going to be spent and we will just have to live with the issue.

It is very very frustrating...

3 Likes

I'm not even going to try to access the site tomorrow. I'd just end up swearing at my computer. MSNBC until Friday (or Saturday), go to reliable news sources and a rapid speed RSS feed will keep me informed (and possibly sane).

@nka

If you can avoid using the site during east coast or west coast lunch time it works decently. Also try to avoid using the site on when days the president or his surrogates do something stupid (no days ending in -y).

4 Likes