24 Dem AGs File Amicus Brief Backing DOJ Challenge To Texas Abortion Ban | Talking Points Memo

It was a tough choice though.

download

4 Likes

Hmm. Interesting. Watching Rachel, the Trump/AlfaBank server is back in the news.

3 Likes

Democrats should do a job ON the Supreme Court - as in expand it to 13 or 15 - or remove abortion from its jurisdiction.

2 Likes

29% of the expected vote still to be counted, per 538.

1 Like

As someone who lives in a county (San Francisco) which said “No” on recall by 80%, thanks. BTW, be prepared to see Newsom run for prez in 2024 following discussions with Joe involving age. And no, I don’t think Harris could run and win.

4 Likes

Okay, but again - what’s the breakdown of dropoff/mail-in versus in-person votes not counted? The early indications were that the former heavily favoured Newsom, so if they’re the bulk of the remaining we should feed the Right Wing framing that the gap will shrink, just “because”.

And sure, if it shrinks a tad, we can say so - we just don’t have to say it now…

No thank you.

1 Like

They don’t give that information, just county by county results. The gap is going to shrink, whether you like it or not. Might even shrink down to the polling average of 57-43. If the remaining votes break 60-40 pro-recall, then that will happen. It isn’t right wing framing, it is reality framing that the Newsom campaign killed it by getting almost every gettable vote from highly blue areas mailed in with almost two weeks left to go until election day, so the immediate election night count was inevitably going to be Newsom’s peak margin.

Bad news, deadline for counties reporting is Oct 15 and they have no reason to rush in a conceded election. You can try to pick through results here: https://electionresults.sos.ca.gov/

2 Likes

Thanks!

Remove abortion from SCOTUS’s jurisdiction and you end up with 12 different circuits legislating abortion willy nilly.

Remove abortion from the lower federal courts’ jurisdiction and you end up with 50+ legislatures regulating abortion willy nilly.

Pass a nationwide abortion protection bill with a poison pill expanding the Supreme Court by one seat per year unless and until legislation is enacted to stop it, and SCOTUS will suddenly get woke on abortion.

ETA: Or Biden just nominates four new Supreme Court justices, who can be confirmed by 51 votes (including Harris) without filibuster. Confirmation alone increases the size of the Court. Then do the same for the 5th, 6th, 8th, and 11th Circuits.

6 Likes

In regards to the emergency request filed by the DOJ to temporarily block enforcement of the law has agreed to a hearing…on October 1! Guess his definition of “emergency” isn’t quite the same as the DOJ (or most people, for that matter.)

3 Likes

Judge Robert Pitman, Obama appointee.

2 Likes

I understand your position, but I, for one, grow weary of the Merkin necessity for a cis het white male (with only two exceptions, one gay, one mixed race) to be president.

You know what I’d like? For Thomas and Kavanaugh and the lying Handmaid to be impeached and convicted and removed from the Court and replaced by flaming liberals.

Then add a few more. New Hampshire has 400 people in their lege, CA has 120. Maybe we need more legislators in Congress so the people are better represented too.

1 Like

And once again, a “strategy” pioneered by GOP asshole “lawyers” (remember Dan Patrick/Lt Gov TX versus PA?) comes back to bite them on their wide candy asses.

You know what I’d like? For monkeys to fly out of my butt.

2 Likes

Seriously…can someone find a nice big photo of those trees and photoshop some handmaid’s bonnets onto them, please?

I’d settle for just watching them get put there in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t hold us in suspense! What’s the news?

ETA: oooh, found this…

2 Likes

A Democrat failed to dot an “i” or correctly conjugate a verb – at least according to an FBI agent’s memory of events – and so Durham briefly resurfaced from Barr’s ass cheeks to announce his intent to indict, hours before the five-year statute of limitations blew up in his own face.

Lame, immaterial, and going nowhere.

The flop sweat of GOP desperation continues to stink up the joint.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available