GOP Strategy For Encouraging Vote-By-Mail? Hoping Trump Doesn’t Talk About It

I know, right?

Good to get a win once in a while.

Hint, Dems … feed Dump some crap about newly arrived migrants sneaking into postal offices to fill out undelivered ballots. Then sit back with some popcorn. A random tweet from @mailvoteevil ought to do the trick.

3 Likes

Democrats need to very publicly taunt Trump about vote-by-mail.

He can’t ever resist “winning in his own brain in the moment” so of course he will lash out and trash voting-by-mail.

5 Likes

Trump is an idiot. (So what’s new?) Legitimate voters have no reason to fear mail-in or drop-box voting.

There are legitimate concerns that the misuse of mail-in or dropbox voting by nefarious operators is a systemic problem. Here are some of the valid concerns with mail-in voting and/or the use of drop boxes.

1. Legitimately registered voters may have their ballots not counted because of a rejection of a signature match, lost or late delivery by USPS, or failure to comply with ballot protocols.

2. Legal voters can have their mail ballots filled out and returned by someone else under improper circumstances or may be subjected to undue influence while completing their ballots.

3. Voting in the name of fictious people and voting by people unqualified to register to vote is more likely.

Regarding the first issues, States have had increasing success mitigating these problems, for example, by contacting voters when there is a signature match issue, online confirmation that an acceptable ballot is received, contacting voters to correct errors, and allowing voters to vote in person if there are still problems.

So, there is no reason that legitimate voters should avoid mail-in or drop box voting.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to quibble, but (checks notes) “tRump is a f$cking moron.” – SecState Rex Tillerson to the JCS.

6 Likes

How much will Dejoy sabotage the mail this time to help Trump?

2 Likes

Maybe if Lara sings to them:

Lara Trump, who is married to Donald Trump’s son Eric, said the roundly mocked tune, “Anything is Possible,” centers on “themes of faith, resilience and taking risks,”

Roundly mocked, as in the most frequent emoji associated with it is this: ear-bleed-bleeding

3 Likes

Trump Shares Video Featuring Image of a Hog-Tied Biden - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Someone want to tell me where the fucking outrage is? Kathy Griffin held up a fucking rubber mask and half the country went insane. This is an obvious masturbation fantasy about kidnapping and murdering the president of the United States and the left goes back to wanking off over fucking pronouns. No wonder we get our fucking asses handed to us over and over and over. The owner of this truck needs to be charged as a fucking terrorist.

1 Like

You are too kind methinks.

1 Like

The NYT covered it with a prominent placement, second article from the top of today’s web page (free gifted link below).

The owner of the truck won’t be charged because this is free speech covered by the 1st Amendment, and not what the law considers a “true threat” (actionable). The same reason Kathy Griffen wasn’t charged over the rubber mask bit. If it didn’t work that way, then many of the posts here on TPM about what “should” happen to Trump would be illegal.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess. but this liberal is not waiting for them to try out their masturbation fantasies. I’m training on a gun range. Those motherfuckers are in for a fucking surprise if they think we’re just going to grab our lattes and drive away in our Volvos when they come for us.

1 Like

Paperless migrants are currently being deported from St. Petersburg to other countries by the planeload. This is the model Trump hopes to use on Day 1 of his second term. Attack those with the least entitlements to due process. And with so many Putinists in the House and Senate, think of how far he could go!

Well, since my family’s arrival in North America predates the arrival of that fat motherfucker’s chickenshit draft-dodging pimp grandfather by two and a half fucking centuries, I hope his brown shirt goons come for me. They’ll find out fast what a 2nd amendment solution looks like while they’re shitting their pants.

And for only an additional $2024.00 you can also purchase a piece of “The One True Cross”*

• trademarked by DJT.
1 Like

Beyond deplorable and despicable.

As the saying goes, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

And look, he’s done something illegal to the American flag.

He got most of those additional votes by micro-targetting which his campaigns have been good at.

Some are probably due to dual voting by snowbirds. Many GOP states have dropped.out of ERICA which made comparing voter roles in two states easy.

1 Like

So does “Purple Haze”.

That’s not the criticism, rookie.

Don’t all police take an oath to the Constitution? Biden is loyal to them. And to their union.

In defense of any cop who may have pulled up behind that truck, it’s okay. With all these empowered lawyers running around, it’s hard for anybody to know what the law is nowadays.

But do better.

Put yourself in the picture. Or maybe your daughter in the picture there instead. (I understand Republicans consider her “fair” game for politicians.)

Now, drive past it.

1 Like

There is no way he found more voters than voted for him in 2016. It defies logic. You don’t account for the people that lost loved ones while he fiddled. Ten million from microtargeting is wrong, sorry. There was fraud and there will be even more this time, and the Dems will look like they’re repeating his mantra when they claim it.

Worth mentioning too that evangelicals are in every part of government, and particularly the areas that can ‘return to America to God’.

He was so busy shouting about fraud that nobody even looked at where those 10 million came from - that’s the art of the steal right there.

1 Like

That’s certainly what I think he was doing in 2016 but 2020 was a lot safer because there were more paper trails.

If they were that able to throw votes, he woukd have won. But he didn’t.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available