Discussion: Zinke's New Wildlife Protection Board Packed With Trophy Hunters

And his Hen House Protection Board is packed with foxes.

3 Likes

As in Vietnam where , “we had to destroy the Village in order to save it,”

Next up, Ryan Zinke, traveling on the taxpayer dime to Las Vegas to address a convention of American Trophy Hunters, sneers and says “it is a little BS” for Democratic Senators to demand records of his taxpayer funded travel to Africa to help “cull the wild herds and prides.” Says his hero, Teddy Roosevelt was an avid hunter.

4 Likes

The best way to deal with these trophy hunters is how the dentist was dealt with. Public humiliation of a practice which is simply no longer acceptable in the modern world.

3 Likes

Because it’s such a waste to kill an elephant and just keep the tail.

2 Likes

Every time I see that picture it makes me feel a little sick.

7 Likes

Sorry Ron but that practice is completely unacceptable. Okay, it might be okay if the trophy hunters were also rounded up, disarmed, and randomly culled by similar trophy hunters.

Thinning the herd of the “weak and sick” and all that.

2 Likes

Yes, and the elephant tail is a bit disgusting too.

9 Likes

I believe in hunting if it is for food.
Trophy hunters are a disgusting group a subhumans.
In the animal kingdom the hunters go after the weakest ,not the strongest,for food.
If these trophy hunters want sport try hunting each other.

4 Likes

This is truly sickening. I thought that disgusting photo of the Trump spawn holding dead animals in Africa would have ended dad’s campaign, I thought there would be a massive uproar. Wrong again!

4 Likes

“…but the high dollar trophy tourist brings a lot of money to a country.”

And said funds do NOT go to the public but to the oligarchs of whatever country is willing to deal in this sort of horror.

Breeding animals for the specific purpose of having them be hunted is vile. There’s a limit as to how many numbers of certain animals can be bred for the purposes of creating trophies anyway.

4 Likes

What I did find surprising — extremely so — is that it’s an AP article:

Trophy hunters are packed on a new U.S. advisory board … [including] members with direct ties to President Donald Trump and his family. A review by The Associated Press of the backgrounds and social media posts of the 16 board members [… ] indicates they will agree with his position that the best way to protect critically threatened or endangered species is by encouraging American hunters to shoot some of them.

Amazing.

4 Likes

Trophy Hunters are the scum of the earth

5 Likes

He deserves to have head nailed to someones wall. Preferably Mr. Mueller’s.

2 Likes

I personally agree with you. I am not a trophy hunter. You might be surprised to learn that with a large African game is not going extinct because of trophy hunting. Entire species are going extinct because of loss of habitat and unchecked economic exploitation (think ivory poaching.) People in Africa are converting land to agriculture eliminating the wild places where elephants and lions can roam free. If an elephant exploits a crop or a lion attacks a cow because the locals have converted the old range to raising cows or growing crops, what we know will happen in very short order is the local farmers or cattle growers will turn their rifles on all elephants and lions in the area. People gotta eat. Trophy hunters want to keep large portions of Africa wild so they can hunt. They provide the money that locals can use to buy food so reserves aren’t exploited.

We might not like trophy hunters but it is in their interest and the interests of the locals who work for them to preserve the wild places and wild species the trophy hunters want to hunt.

NeverHillary

1 Like

ronbyers … pls provide some stats by Country to backup your claim that big game hunting provides $$$ for Wildlife Conservation and what % is actually used for that purpose.

“We had to destroy the village in order to save it.”
-US Army PR flack, Viet Nam.

I don’t have the time to do the research today, but maybe you have the time to read an even handed article from National Geographic on the subject.

Also too, the picture is a metaphor.

The only heads I’d like to see wall-mounted would be those of Ryan Zinke and the trophy hunters on his advisory board! I was heart broken to read this news today. Please contact the White House and your members of congress and ask them to reinstate the ban on trophy hunting of African wildlife.

Trump Just Made It Legal to Bring Back the Heads of Slaughtered Lions

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available