Discussion: Zinke Says ‘Konnichiwa’ To Japanese-American Senator

大変なばか野郎
taihenna baka yaro

1 Like

This is a horror story unlike one I’ve ever seen before, and the father also takes insensitivity a step further when, as his daughter predicts ahead of time, he tells her new boyfriend he would have voted for Obama a third time. It goes seriously downhill from there.

4 Likes

If she had responded positively, you can be sure he would have said, “Ack so, you are su-prized I speak your wang-widge.”

What an arrogant grifter asshole this guy is. Unbelievable, except he’s a Trump pick.

2 Likes

Rick Moranis as Tom Monroe, the hip easy-listening singing sensation flogged on The Gerry Todd Show. He also features another selection from Monroe’s latest album On A New Wave Length, “De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da”.
Truly must see TV.

1 Like

Yeah TPM is so low class and gossipy and dumb. Where oh where can I find some elevated conversation in this day and age?

(Uh-oh this may be an example of lowest common denominator snark!)

8 Likes

Sayonara.

9 Likes

There’s no joy knowing someone’s peeling off to search for snark free commentary after reading stories that make you scratch your head and ask “why” such as this one I’d have to agree.

2 Likes

Where is Zinke “from”? Shall we greet him in his greatgrandparents’ language only?

1 Like

He’s meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus for lunch tomorrow. He’ll be serving fried chicken and watermelon.

Take our country back from these frauds.

This site, https://www.runforoffice.org/, allows you to enter your ZIP code and see what offices are available to you and the filing window for that office. They also have a few video short-courses on running a campaign. In my state you file for office during a 1-week period in May, just three months from now.

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. Meet your neighbors and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump, and half of all voters stayed home last November. HALF! Today’s 10-year olds will be voting for President in 8 years. Make sure they’re prepared.

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly. And get on your Planning Commission.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The next census is in 2020 when we’ll redraw Congressional Districts. Make them fair and open. Trump is ALREADY trying to rig the census- talk about ‘voter fraud’!

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led voter-run-around campaign help them do that. This site, https://www.aauw.org/resource/organize-a-voter-registration-drive/, has a how-to on organizing a voter registration drive. Or even sitting outside Wal Mart with a folding chair and a card table. Yes, that’s the American Association of University Women. And while we’re here organize a League of Women Voters chapter in your community if you don’t already have one. Fair, honest and above board. Democracy functions better with them involved.

Civics, civility and civilization all share the same roots. Get crackin’!

3 Likes

Love it. And good luck on the flight today

1 Like

Its really one of my favorite movies. I’m glad they chose that ending. It would have ruined it for me otherwise.

1 Like

Another one we use.

5 Likes

But unfortunately Zinke is not a “trophy” ass, just the common white right male ass.

3 Likes

I’ve been hesitating to see it, although it looks fantastic, because the scary parts in the trailer look really really scary.

3 Likes

I would suggest it’s in the pheromones, that oily sheen seems to give it away.

1 Like

Did she return the gesture by saying Sieg Heil back to him?

2 Likes

Zinke seems like the kind of guy who would impress his friends by farting in class.

1 Like

I can’t find one. Everybody seems to be devoted to snark and personal put downs, and commenters are mostly trolls, bots and true believers who only appreciate the party line. TPM seems to be the best of the bunch. Right, left or in between the Donald Trump and Fox News model is ascendant.

2 Likes

trump hires only the best people…

Yeah, I kind of regret seeing it. I was really disturbed watching it, and images have stuck with me. But then again, maybe horror just isn’t my genre! :smile:

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available