Discussion: WSJ: Trump, Kelly Reach Truce After Reports Hint At Chief Of Staff Departure

3 Likes

And everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief at the knowledge that an unapologetic racist’s job in the White House is safe. Because that’s where we’re at as a country.

31 Likes

SAFE … for now. That means by lunchtime, we’ll all be holding our breath. Why not just appoint Sean Hannity as COS and be done with it. That way we’ll be closer to Celebrity Administration.

8 Likes

Maybe we’ll avoid a replay of this scenario:

25 Likes

The level of dysfunction in the WH, and the new moves (omg John Bolten!) leaves me spinning my head as to whether this deplorable dude is better off in or out of the admin - given who/what could take his place. And even typing that makes my head spin.

DJT Whitehouse - always worse than what one can imagine.

9 Likes

Wrong move Kelly…

10 Likes

If you want to feel better, close your eyes, after reading Maggie’s praise of Trump’s mastery.

2 Likes

Just a reminder to Mr. Mueller…

IT’S FRIDAY…

8 Likes

“This is no way to run a railroad!”

2 Likes

How many Scaramucci’s has it been?

4 Likes

Oh. I’m sooooo relieved. Now I can start planning things again.

12 Likes

Trump loves to hire and fire people for an appreciative audience. Please, someone, for the sake of the country, give him his old tv show back if he will leave the White House now.

5 Likes

Kelly told staff, “I’m in.”

In what?

3 Likes

Yes, things are definitely very good when you have a “truce” with your aide-de-camp. Because your closest personal assistant, the one guy you trust with the power to kick everybody else out of your office and call you on your shit, can totally do his job under such circumstances.

Very stable genius administration.

12 Likes

It is all about the timing of the distraction.

1 Like

10 Likes

OT: American Gulag

Republicans Say Forced Labor Is Good for Detained Immigrants in Letter Defending Private Prison
GEO Group is being sued for paying aliens $1 a day or less while they’re locked up. GOP lawmakers say there’s nothing wrong with that.

Private-prison companies that force undocumented immigrant detainees to work for little or no money have a powerful new group of advocates: Eighteen members of Congress.

The members, all Republicans, sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the Department of Labor, calling for them to help private-prison company GEO Group defend itself in lawsuits by former detainees.

12 Likes

Trumpian chaos-making, intended to distract. Eyes on the Prize.
#Mueller

1 Like

Oh so much dysfunction (we already knew) in that article - both in terms of what is being written about - but also in the writing itself.

Contrary to the notion that Mr. Trump is surrounded by sycophants, the president has aides who are willing to say “no.” But he has increasingly grown frustrated when they do.

After describing that this is why (being told no) in essence that Trump got rid of Tillerson, is planning to get rid of McMaster and Kelly. Which leaves Trump surrounded by Trump-imposed sycophancy.

Sheez.

(snippet is from this article) https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/us/politics/trump-white-house-turnover.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

4 Likes

That only means, like a death row inmate, the ‘governor’ gave him a repreive! Maybe 1 more month and you can put a fork in him!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available