Discussion: WSJ: Mueller Requested Docs From Trump Campaign Data Firm

I do believe Robert Mercer was sly enough to see this coming and try to get out of the way and leave Nix, Kushner, Parscale and even dear daughter Rebekah dangling in the wind. There are digital fingerprints everywhere in this.

6 Likes

Twitter chatter (chitter?) last night was that today’s barrel occupant is Kushner.

5 Likes

All I want for Christmas, Santa Mueller, is…

5 Likes

There are articles (sorry no URLs – can’t remember specifics) about the psychological research that served as the basic science upon which Cambridge Analytica was developed. As a student of human psychology, the article scared the crap out of me, because it rang so true of what I learned about the power of correlation between people’s beliefs and their voting behavior. Cambridge Analytica uses a simple human behavior (likes in Facebook) that correlates with voting preferences as a way of identifying areas of a high results for political advertising. Simple and powerful . . . and scary.

4 Likes

Here is one article:

3 Likes

And that information in the hands of the Russian troll farms… millions of views for not so much fb $$. Presuming a link between those two entitities (via Assange? Farage?) could be found. Oh. There has been documented exchanges between CA and Wikileaks…

1 Like

Ted Cruz’s campaign was doing similar work. Its basically an extension of the “micro targeting” work of the Obama campaign being harnessed by behavioral scientists. Very sophisticated targeting and messaging. The targeting in particular stood out to me as quite amazing…they were able to target specific hotels, for example, based on what conventions were in town, and cater a message to those attendees.

The basic concepts however, are not that new. It IS the same principle that the OfA people used in 2008 and 2012. They are just getting much better at using these techniques.

1 Like

CA also shows up in the Brexit fuckery.

Big data and social media - very powerful assets that are ripe for manipulation

3 Likes

What reasoning? We want the parts of the EU we like but not the bits we don’t.

1 Like

Please don’t feed the troll. Let it spew itself out again and be gone.

1 Like

uk_observer
This user is suspended until March 17, 2045 11:24am.
Reason: Sock Puppet/Troll does not change it’s ways after temp suspension

I’m flagging un_observer here so the moderators can see if the troll is back with its bag of unoriginal tricks.

3 Likes

Re-incarnation of previously banned commenter. Changing your name and continuing to post the same trollish comments does not entitle you to a mulligan.

5 Likes

Cambridge Analytica’s e-mails seem like potentially very fertile ground for Mueller’s inquiry.

Meanwhile, in the big picture, it’s one more sign that despite all the GOP skullfuckery, Mueller’s team continues to push ahead, undeterred, looking at every bit of the Trumpian machinery from every angle, taking everything apary, going through everything with a fine-toothed comb.

Trumpworld is getting its clock cleaned. Meticulously.

2 Likes

The only question is how much longer before trump tries to fire Mueller and what happens then. The House seems on board with the coup.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available