Discussion: Wisconsin Authorities Probing Male Students' Nazi Salute Prom Photo

Parts of Wisconsin are like Alabama North.

Only scattered blue islands of sanity…

8 Likes

Supposedly, the bullying by these students has been going on for years, and the school and the community never did a goddamned thing about it. I hope they are destroyed.

15 Likes

What, exactly, are authorities to investigate in this case? That there are white supremacist trashbags* in rural America? This is known. As far as I’m aware, there’s no intersection with criminal law.

.* or “ha ha I troll u, we triggered the libs”, but I subscribe to the Rule of Goats

9 Likes

Jules Suzdaltsev is getting bombarded with stories about the racism running rampant in that school and not being addressed by teachers or the administration or the parents of offending students, I might add. Shame on them all.

22 Likes

I read elsewhere the photographer gave the usual conditional apology. He apologized to “anyone who may have been offended”. The problem is clearly about people who are overly sensitive to genocide and war.

16 Likes

The photographer told the local Madison364 publication that he had asked the group of nearly 50 boys to “give me a high sign, a wave that you’re saying goodbye to your parents.”

That’s the best they’ve got? Who waves like that, fingers together and straight out? Well, except for Nazis.

And I guess he added, “And hey, you in the front, why don’t you throw in a funny little wave exactly like a white power sign!”

10 Likes

Baraboo School District

I’ve been reading Sinclair Lewis “Elmer Gantry”. That school district name belongs to the book… BTW I can see why Elmer Gantry is not read in HS, it should be required reading. Not that it makes me think any worse about preachers, just more eloquently.

4 Likes

The kids said he told them to do the Nazi salute. Nobody said he said to wave goodbye to your damn parents. And it wasn’t a professional photographer, it was the father of one of the kids, and I imagine he thought being a dick was funny, and most of the kids thought it would be funny too, because it’s a dickish town. And now he’s crawfishing because being a moral coward goes hand in hand with dickishness.

28 Likes

Sign of the times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/hate-crimes-rose-17-percent-last-year-according-to-new-fbi-data/2018/11/13/e0dcf13e-e754-11e8-b8dc-66cca409c180_story.html?utm_term=.f2be6ebe49dd

4 Likes

The place is quite literally a run-down dump of a circus.

The city was the home of the Ringling Brothers. From 1884 to 1917 it was the headquarters of their circus and several others, leading to the nickname “Circus City”.[8] Today Circus World Museum is located in Baraboo.

I don’t know what we’re expecting. Photograph some clowns, get a circus.

5 Likes

Future Supreme Court Justices.

9 Likes

Why are the police involved? While a Nazi salute is reprehensible and ill-considered it is not illegal. There is certainly a case to be made both the parents and the school district should counsel the young men of the poor choices they exercised, but how is it the law has a role in this event?

8 Likes

Another reminder that there is a large part of rural America that exists in a parallel universe. Where blackface and Nazis salutes and references to public lynchings is considered just people being folksy.

9 Likes

And this guys were wishing good luck in hawaiian…

3 Likes

I’m sure they were just waving hello.

2 Likes

well, there is always the 1st amendment, …

1 Like

The leaders of tomorrow, folks.

1 Like

Gee… it would be awkward if this ever turned up in an HR pre-employment Google search.

11 Likes

Well, chelsea, you know the old saying

Boys Nazis will be boys Nazis

I hope they’re all identified and the colleges where they matriculated are notified (if any of these knuckle draggers actually went for higher education)

Talking to the parents seems pointless - this is learned behavior and at least one of these rising Trumpkins learned at the knee of his daddy.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available