Discussion: Why This Trump-Boosting Ex-Judge Turned Fox Star Has The President’s Ear

She’s had “work done” on her face as well.

I’m just gonna make a ridiculous completely unsupported by the thought process prediction:

Eric Swawell is going to be president. Maybe veep first.

4 Likes

Damn I’d like that. I think the guy rocks. The only thing I have against him is that he’s another white male. We’ve had 44 of them and the one we elected who wasn’t was one of the best presidents we’ve ever had.

I like Cory Booker, but I’d take Swawell.

2 Likes

Interesting, that in the current NYRB, Jacob Heilbrunn dissects the current Repug state of affairs into two camps: east coast NeoCons versus left coast Claremont lunatics. He does this with no mention of what basically this article suggests: Organized Crime.

Long time gone now since the days of the Kennedy brothers and the senate rackets committee. And its been near half a century since RFK’s casket was born from St. Pats to Penn Station and where oh where is there a Democrat with his certitude?

The blatancy being employed indicates one thing: the Trump Tower Mob has become the Oval Office Mob, courtesy of one media mobster. Both in business and politics, Orbanized Crime got VERY sophisticated - a long time ago.

1 Like

The families grew close. A 1999 New York Magazine profile quotes Trump calling Al Pirro “incredibly intelligent and effective” and Jeanine “sexy as hell.”

Not so fast, Kimo Sabe…I bet you The Donald hired Al Pirro just to be able to take his best shot.

Has or is?

Lenina Crowne?" said Henry Foster, echoing the Assistant Predestinator’s question as he zipped up his trousers. “Oh, she’s a splendid girl. Wonderfully pneumatic. I’m surprised you haven’t had her.”

3 Likes

“Richard Blumenthal and others do exactly what you’re talking about.”

I admit I didn’t make this point clear, and I realize this may seem like a distinction without a difference to people, but I believe strongly that in the current environment, defending Mueller without going after Fox and GOP directly, by naming names, is insufficient. There’s a difference between attending Congressional hearings—which are covered very sparsely in the MSM and rarely involve strong words and charges—and making strong, aggressive statements directly to the media.

What Pirro and the others on Fox are saying about Mueller is as despicable and as divorced from reality as anything they ever said about Obama, and I believe those smears should be countered directly by going after these people. Simply offering support for Mueller without acknowledging and countering what’s being done by Fox and the GOP is not enough.

This is the latest video clip I could find of Blumenthal speaking about Mueller, from December 1. The Fox smear campaign had already been well into gear by then, but there was nary a mention of it by Blumenthal. You would never guess by watching it what is going on every night on Fox.

This is the latest I can find from Schiff from a few days ago. It’s a better statement than Blumenthal’s in that at least he addresses the conservative effort to discredit Mueller, but there’s no mention of any names beyond Trump nor is there a mention of the primary role that Fox itself is playing in coordinating the Republican smear messaging and ginning up the bullshit.

As for the opinion that Democrats should stay out of the fray because it will enable the GOP to portray the defense of Mueller as completely partisan, I believe that simply buys into and accepts the Republican framing of the issue as fundamentally partisan in nature to begin with, which is what the GOP is doing anyhow now. It’s an easy messaging task for the Democrats to highlight the character and credentials of Robert Mueller at the same time they savage Pirro and the other lunatic frauds on Fox, and it’s necessary to destroy these people with the facts about who they are. The MSM that most people in the country get their news from is not going to do it for the Democrats.

The real danger of this character assassination of Mueller is that even if he releases damning findings about Trump and collusion, a good part of the country will simply dismiss it because Fox has told them Mueller is hopelessly compromised. That’s a recipe for real political strife, and it’s dangerous enough in my view to warrant a much more aggressive Democratic response.

For my entire life the Republican Party has been slamming the Democratic Party for being soft on crime and illegal behaviors, and the GOP has wrapped itself in the mantle of the FBI and law enforcement in general in every election I can think of. Now the situation is completely reversed, and the Dems need to take advantage of this opportunity to change this meta-narrative. Being measured and polite ain’t going to get it done.

The big disadvantage that the Democrats face 24/7/365 is that there is no dedicated propaganda channel at their disposal blaring their messages in every doctor waiting room, tire store, Best Buy TV section, bar, hardware store, etc etc. Considering how damaging and warping such a channel has been to the Republican party and conservative movement, perhaps it’s a good thing we don’t, but it puts us at a constant messaging disadvantage nonetheless. That places the onus on the Democrats themselves to craft and deliver their messaging in a coordinated, cohesive, systematic, and aggressive fashion. The Democrats simply don’t do that outside of specific electoral campaigns.

3 Likes

This is how I feel after reading this otherwise superb article:
“Nor public flame, nor private, dares to shine;
Nor human spark is left, nor glimpse divine!
Lo! thy dread empire, Chaos! is restored;
Light dies before thy uncreating word:
Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
And universal darkness buries all.”
― Alexander Pope, The Dunciad

3 Likes

To me Melania looks like some CGI character that is still stuck in the Uncanny Valley.

4 Likes

Swallwell is first-rate, and so is Booker.

Looks like a good ticket to me—east coast and west coast, and I wouldn’t care which one was top of ticket.

3 Likes

She says what he wants to hear and does it while wearing low-cut tops.

Next!

:smile:

Me too - I really have no idea who is thinking of running in '20 and I’m really not worried about it at the moment.

I’m just excited that there is a Democrat running against every single Republican who is up for re-election in Texas next year.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!
They won’t win all of those races, but they’ll turn some of those seats blue, and it should help Beto O’Rourke beat Cruz like a rented mule.

4 Likes

I’m betting they can just like Virginia. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two days now I cant watch the news as I get too inflamed. I did see Jim Jordan and his monkey imitation along with some others so now I cant watch cspan either. I have reached my tipping point I will now go to the barricades and die if needed be to fight to take our country back from this disease. I have not yet lost faith in elections but the rule of law, forget it, the GOP will not do a fucking thing if Trump fires Rosenstein and Herr Mueller.

2 Likes

Can’t we all agree to just ignore this woman’s insane rantings? She’s on Fox, after all…the 24-hour lying network.

Why doth the lady protest so much?
Because she is in imminent peril of being rolled up with the rest of Team Treason by Team Mueller.

The big disadvantage that the Democrats face 24/7/365 is that there is no dedicated propaganda channel at their disposal blaring their messages in every doctor waiting room, tire store, Best Buy TV section, bar, hardware store, etc etc.

I watch FOX more than CNN or MSNBC, I suggest to TPM readers to watch it some time. Just watching the clips that are provided here gives you no idea how deeply bat-shit crazy it really is.

Last night all the shows opened with and concentrated on the Peter Strzok/ Lisa Page text messages. This was way more important than the tax bill in congress. To Fox it was more proof that the Mueller investigation is hopelessly biased. and the Clinton e-mail investigation is a sham.

Fox’s #1 show, Hannity, opened with a 20 minute screed about how there is a separate justice system for the Clintons, the Mueller probe is unfairly biased against Trump and the FBI is corrupt. He called for Comey to be thrown in jail and to end the Mueller investigation.

What Trump said this morning “Well, it’s a shame what’s happened with the FBI. But we’re going to rebuild the FBI. It will be bigger and better than ever. But it is very sad when you look at those documents. And how they’ve done that is really, really disgraceful, and you have a lot of very angry people that are seeing it. It’s a very sad thing to watch, I will tell you that.” It’s last nights Fox News and Hannity that he’s referencing.

Pirro is on just once a week on a weekend, Hannity is a 5 day a week show.
Pirro is dangerous, but Hannity is 5 times more dangerous.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available