Discussion: Why Did Mike Flynn Bother To Lie To The FBI?

They’re not very good at this, are they?

14 Likes

Sheesh, you’re right. Not sure it changes my point much, but maybe I should stop playing sleuth.

4 Likes

Any reaction from Congressman Devin “Flop Sweat” Nunes yet?

10 Likes

"Why did Mike Flynn bother to lie to the FBI?"

Honestly, per @irasdad 's point, and what we know about Flynn and cohorts, shouldn’t it be “Why would Mike Flynn bother to tell the truth to the FBI?”

11 Likes

Here’s what “winning bigly” looks like:

Trump trip to Britain canned as tensions rise
2 Dec, 2017 5:00am

Daily Telegraph UK
By: Ben Riley-Smith and Kate McCann

United States diplomats have dropped plans for President Donald Trump to conduct a visit to Britain in January amid a war of words between the two countries’ leaders.

Trump had been pencilled in for a “working visit” next month to formally open the new US embassy in London.

The trip, a scaled down version of a state visit with no meeting with the Queen, was intended to allow Trump to go to Britain while avoiding the mass protests a full state visit would likely trigger.

However, the trip has been pushed into the long grass, with no new date in the diary picked.

A senior US diplomat said: “The idea of a visit has obviously been floated, but not December and not January. I would not expect a Trump visit in January.”

It comes with relations between British Prime Minister Theresa May and Trump deteriorating in a public spat over Trump’s tweeting of videos posted by Britain First, a far-right group.

May used her first public comments on the matter to rebuke Trump, saying he was “wrong” to share the videos and insisting her cabinet ministers would never do the same.

May denounced Britain First as a “hateful organisation” that “seeks to spread mistrust and division within our communities”.

She also appeared to question the US record of keeping the far-right in check and poked fun at Trump’s love of Twitter by saying she rarely looked at the social media platform.

Sir Kim Darroch, the British ambassador in Washington, has formally complained to the White House about Trump’s behaviour…

21 Likes

Trump really believed that the President was untouchable and that he could control and manipulate the FBI at will. Flynn may very well have bought into this idea as well. Trump may still believe this, but Flynn appears to have finally learned the truth.

16 Likes
12 Likes

Question here: What are the specific charges that might be brought against TeamTreason for conducting foreign policy prior to taking office?

6 Likes

I find the question of “Why [insert dishonest person here] would bother to lie?” rather amusing.

Especially in the age of tRump.

3 Likes

I’m thinking this one. If we go with the history he was fired under Obama for insubordination, he obviously thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and above everyone else including the law. He really is perfect for Trump.

15 Likes

Logan Act?

6 Likes

Trump’s Razor - of course they lied and it’s about more criminality than we even know yet.

13 Likes

And just to bring this whole Trump/Kremlin freakshow full circle…

https://twitter.com/20committee/status/935913304752623616
“Russia Conducts Nuclear Exercises Amid Orthodox End-Times Talk.”

Sleep well.

17 Likes

They’re also going after illegal foreign (Russian, etc.) campaign contributions:

The Federal Election Campaign Act states in unambiguous terms that any contribution by a foreign national to the campaign of an American candidate for any election, state or national, is illegal. Likewise, anyone who receives, solicits, or accepts these contributions also violates the statute.

The contribution doesn’t have to be monetary.

They’re gathering (non-secret intelligence) evidence and testimony to build the quid pro quo case.

And gathering by what’s been alluded to by people with IC contacts, there appears to be much worse that we haven’t even heard about. Of the “They will all die in prison” variety.

I, for one, shiver with anticipation.

13 Likes

Indeed: Why Did Mike Flynn Bother To Lie To The FBI? Hubris.
The Greeks believed that the gods always punish it.

So far the gods have had a good win column.

6 Likes

I’ve learned to stop worrying once I realized our top Generals are on top of this:

Oh…and I also learned to love the bomb :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Thanks, Chuck. A quick search brought this: “The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that details the fine and/or imprisonment of unauthorized citizens who negotiate with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.”
This would definitely seem to apply with regard to the attempt to undermine sanctions. I wonder if there are prior cases.

5 Likes

Gotta be at war for treason but they are certainly criminal TRAITORS.

4 Likes

Problem with this is two things (as far as I can understand it…): A) can a sitting President be indicted? B) Impeachment with a GOP Congress.

3 Likes

A friendly word of advice:

“Never, never, never, never, never give up.”
— Winston Churchill

16 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available