Discussion: Why Did Mike Flynn Bother To Lie To The FBI?

Trump and his band of miscreants can claim this is all political, but when Mueller is done with this, some of these treasonous bastards will be in jail. Now that Flynn flipped, everyone is freaking out about whether to flip too; cut a deal now before the real heavy shit comes down. This is the oldest law enforcement tactic in the book: Let the crooks wonder what the other crooks are telling the law. Trump was personally involved in all the Russia crap and he cannot hide forever. It’s like when Nixon said, “I am not a crook”. Ha!

21 Likes

Not sure if that was meant as humor, but that is exactly what they are saying now.

18 Likes

I pray for the poor journalists who have to watch Jeanine Pirro’s show for work. “Obama and Flynn: Treasonous Interracial Gay Couple?!?”

13 Likes

[quote=“daled, post:7, topic:65758”]
Were the talks with Russia about the Security Council resolution or upcoming sanctions against Russia???
[/quote]Two different sets of conversations on different days.

11 Likes

To paraphrase Harry Truman’s famous take on Nixon:

“The Trump Administration is made up of no good, lying bastards. They can lie out both sides of their mouths at the same time, and if they ever caught themselves telling the truth, they’d lie just to keep their hands in.”

34 Likes

"Why did he lie in the first place?"

Maybe he was told that Mueller would be fired and an investigation would be stopped. So why not lie so there is nothing on the record to justify that investigation, or a new one….

(Edited to reflect @jakebarnes correction re: Mueller hiring)

6 Likes

Well, they must be right… it’s all part of the Uranium One Deal. And Benghazi. And Whitewater. And what about Chappaquiddick?

We’ve got the first President ever to be guilty of overt TREASON. Nixon was the first to be implicated in a burglary, and trump’s the first one to be implicated in selling out the nation for small quantities of cash.

15 Likes

This was months before Mueller was ever involved.

6 Likes

The only conclusion that makes sense is that Flynn didn’t think the FBI mattered. He didn’t think any questions they asked, or answers he gave them, were relevant because he was the most powerful intelligence official in America. It is entirely possible that Flynn was too arrogant to realize that federal law applied to him, and lied unstrategically and foolishly out of hubris.

It’s also possible that he has so much to lie about that he had a hard time telling the truth when it would have been a better strategy.

18 Likes

They’re not very good at this, are they?

14 Likes

Sheesh, you’re right. Not sure it changes my point much, but maybe I should stop playing sleuth.

4 Likes

Any reaction from Congressman Devin “Flop Sweat” Nunes yet?

10 Likes

"Why did Mike Flynn bother to lie to the FBI?"

Honestly, per @irasdad 's point, and what we know about Flynn and cohorts, shouldn’t it be “Why would Mike Flynn bother to tell the truth to the FBI?”

11 Likes

Here’s what “winning bigly” looks like:

Trump trip to Britain canned as tensions rise
2 Dec, 2017 5:00am

Daily Telegraph UK
By: Ben Riley-Smith and Kate McCann

United States diplomats have dropped plans for President Donald Trump to conduct a visit to Britain in January amid a war of words between the two countries’ leaders.

Trump had been pencilled in for a “working visit” next month to formally open the new US embassy in London.

The trip, a scaled down version of a state visit with no meeting with the Queen, was intended to allow Trump to go to Britain while avoiding the mass protests a full state visit would likely trigger.

However, the trip has been pushed into the long grass, with no new date in the diary picked.

A senior US diplomat said: “The idea of a visit has obviously been floated, but not December and not January. I would not expect a Trump visit in January.”

It comes with relations between British Prime Minister Theresa May and Trump deteriorating in a public spat over Trump’s tweeting of videos posted by Britain First, a far-right group.

May used her first public comments on the matter to rebuke Trump, saying he was “wrong” to share the videos and insisting her cabinet ministers would never do the same.

May denounced Britain First as a “hateful organisation” that “seeks to spread mistrust and division within our communities”.

She also appeared to question the US record of keeping the far-right in check and poked fun at Trump’s love of Twitter by saying she rarely looked at the social media platform.

Sir Kim Darroch, the British ambassador in Washington, has formally complained to the White House about Trump’s behaviour…

21 Likes

Trump really believed that the President was untouchable and that he could control and manipulate the FBI at will. Flynn may very well have bought into this idea as well. Trump may still believe this, but Flynn appears to have finally learned the truth.

16 Likes
12 Likes

Question here: What are the specific charges that might be brought against TeamTreason for conducting foreign policy prior to taking office?

6 Likes

I find the question of “Why [insert dishonest person here] would bother to lie?” rather amusing.

Especially in the age of tRump.

3 Likes

I’m thinking this one. If we go with the history he was fired under Obama for insubordination, he obviously thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room and above everyone else including the law. He really is perfect for Trump.

15 Likes

Logan Act?

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available