Discussion: Who Was In The Fateful Meeting That Rick Gates Lied To Mueller About?

4 Likes

So was that immediately-subsequent campaign contribution in unmarked rubles? There don’t seem to be a lot of reasons to lie about that meeting unless something interesting was going on. And if it’s in the information, that means he straight up lied, none of that “I don’t recall” stuff.

33 Likes

Please God, let Rohrabacher have been asked about that meeting and lied. That would be the whipped cream on top of the strawberry.

And Weber? What’s the deal with all these people finding out at FARA? What penalties are there for leaving the filing blank for 4 years?

59 Likes

Dana Rohrabacker (R-Moscow) Surprise! Why lie about that particular meeting? The abandonment of the EU trade agreement happened in November, so I’m guessing that this meeting constituted a billable event for his client in the Ukraine and that income somehow disappeared. Any thoughts?

Here’s a timeline.

18 Likes

I’ve said this a dozen times, but I’ll say it again. Every Democratic lawmaker and every dastardly liberal reporter should be hounding Kevin McCarthy and Paul Ryan about that “joke” McCarthy told in 2016 regarding Russia, Putin, and Rohrabacker. Demand copies of that tape and blast it full volume from the proverbial mountaintop.

85 Likes

Holy Friday, Batman.

23 Likes

And I wonder what Gates has to say about Tom Barrack.

17 Likes

So when does Mueller interview the other Paulie, Ryan?

12 Likes

Cross-posted from another thread:

So Gates lied on Feb 1 while he was making a proffer. What in the actual f**k? He lied about whether the topic of Ukraine was discussed in a meeting between Manafort, Rohrabacher and a Company A lobbyist on March 19, 2013. TPM thinks it’s Vin Weber, former MN GOP Congressman who was one of those fake moderates that CNN loved to interview in the 90s.

It would appear that Manafort discussed a report they had prepared to support their client, Victor Yanukovych and the actions of his government. They were trying to help them improve their PR and met with Rohrabacher, Russia’s man in Congress.

Mueller confronted him with that lie. How did Mueller know about what transpired in that meeting?Are the other participants now witnesses for the gov’t? Or, did Mueller have the intel intercepts from the prior FISA warrant against Manafort?

Why would Gates lie about that meeting? Was he expecting, as Rick Wilson suggests, that Trump would use the Nunes memo to derail the investigation? Did he get pressure from Manafort to lie?

Or, was it because the content of the meeting itself is important to this investigation. Maybe this meeting was not just about Ukraine, but part of Putin’s early attempts to build influence with the Republicans and move them away from supporting the Magnitsky Act Sanctions. The law had just been passed and signed by Obama about 4 months earlier. Did Putin, through Russian intermediaries, revisit the Magnitsky Act when Manafort got his marching orders to find a way onto the Trump campaign? Did Manafort get additional marching orders on how to deal with the Ukraine stalemate and essentially undermine Obama’s policy?

57 Likes

Только разговоры в раздевалке!

8 Likes

Oh Dana, you were always an idiot. Nothing has changed in that respect. Putin’s favorite congressman indeed.

17 Likes

I chided Trumpers early this week for calling the Florida shooting a “relief” from their Porter story. I said wait until Friday.

Hahaha! Friday’s are popcorn day.

24 Likes

Conspiracy against the USA sounds a lot like treason. Do any of you legal types out there know if there is a difference?

14 Likes

Well, one of them is explicitly defined in the Constitution as being not-that.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Anything else?

2 Likes

Bad ass name, but it’s sort of Treason lite.

8 Likes

Rohrabacher is the guy who, last fall, demanded that NASA show him all its evidence for ancient civilizations on Mars.

20 Likes

New incoming indictment on Manafort…

16 Likes

You mean MC Mueller is going to “drop” another one?

8 Likes

Yep.

5 Likes

It’s like when a cartoon character gets hammered into the ground.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available