Discussion: When Trump Doesn't Wait 'To Get The Facts' Before Crying Terrorism

3 Likes

He made it sound like the counter-protesters started the fighting. Is there any proof of that? I haven’t seen anything like that. I do have a family member who says Antifa is terrorist.

On edit: I do like to get the facts rather than pretending to as a certain orange one does.

2 Likes

'member that time Trump waited to get all of the facts before calling for the execution of the Central Park Five? That was awesome.

13 Likes

Trump has been quick to cry “radical Islamic terrorism,” one of his favorite rhetorical devices, even when authorities have not drawn public conclusions on the matter and sometimes eventually conclude the precise opposite.

4 Likes

I understand he sent some investigators to Charlottsville and they’re coming back to him with some amazing stuff. You’ll hear about it in few days. I understand a lot of the fascist left were born in Kenya - and look at what just happened in Sweden, last night!

11 Likes

Trump is usually reckless in his pronouncements, unless he wants to pander to his base, in which case is is cautious to the point of being cowardly.

7 Likes

It appears crimes committed by white supremacists and hate groups also qualify for the kid-glove treatment in Trump’s book.

Because it would be just awful if their lives were ruined by being held accountable for their actions.

4 Likes

Tweetless in Charlottesville.

The alt-right strikes at America’s heartland. Homeland Security silent.

4 Likes

Now five CEOs have left Trump’s manufacturing council in protest. Trump has only criticized one of them by name.

Gee… what (he’s black) could possibly be different (black) about Mr. (niCLANG) Frazier, I wonder?

5 Likes

Timely piece, love it.

The text from this briefing is a must-read. His obsessiveness with the whole “getting the facts” bullshit is so cray-cray it’s like witnessing someone in a psychotic state….just coming apart at the seams.

I said it earlier and I still believe it…the CEOs leaving his panel, one after the other, is a YUUUUUGE blow to donnie. He admires those guys, much more than politicians and officials. For them to be jumping ship, one after the other, is a gigantic assault on his ego. They are publicly rejecting him and he is freaked.

9 Likes

Six now.

4 Likes

Stephanie Ruhle on MSNBC just made exactly your point. She said Trump absolutely craves the approval of those CEOs and their publicly abandoning him is hitting him hard. Tomorrow’s tweets will be interesting (not that there isn’t enough going on to prompt his ire).

4 Likes

I would bet, in his mind, one of the pluses of the presidency is that it makes him feel like leader of a club he’s never really been accepted into. Their rejection must be a shocking wake-up call.

1 Like

As a lifelong New Yorker I remember 1989 when he ran that ad. The police were still investigating but he ran to the mike and had his press conference. Facts be dammed. At the time I used to work with a lot of blue collar types. Some of them actually posted the ad in their office or work station. You could tell back then, Trump was their guy even though he shafted folks like them as contractors or vendors.

The funny thing is three years before the Central Park incident there was the “preppy killer” Robert Chambers who strangled a woman in Central Park, just blocks from Trump tower. Also a high profile incident. No word from Trump.

I admired the determination of the press reporters to stay focused on Charlottesville while DT continually tried to change the subject, but I was hoping that someone would say, “All your stuff and Ivanka’s stuff is made in China” after any one of the several times he complained about those CEOs having their stuff made in China.

1 Like

I was also disappointed that no one called the President on that after he pontificated about everything needing to be made in this country - but then the impromptu news conference moved on to the larger scandalous content and I forgot. Sadly, this is what happens when dealing with chaotic Trump.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available