Discussion: What We Know About The Gunman Who Was Sold On The 'Pizzagate' Conspiracy

Some of the theories online are insane. For example, George Soros is supposedly implicated in “pizzagate.” You see, George Soros has contributed to the American Bridge PAC, which also held pizza parties (I’m guessing fund-raisers or staff parties) at the pizza joint in question. Proof positive that Soros funds pedophilia!

Or one individual who was trying desperately to link Hillary Clinton directly to this latched on to an incident in Haiti, where members of the New Life Children’s Refuge tried to take 33 orphans from Haiti without proper authorization. You see, “33” is a really mystic and powerful number, apparently, and Clinton’s emails discussed this incident, so this is proof that these churchgoers were procuring children for pedophiles and Clinton was directly linked.

Never mind that the only mention of this in Clinton’s emails was because she was the Secretary of State at the time, this was a high-profile, widely-publicized case, and the emails were basically discussing what the Department should do. And never mind that this was the second time the group in question got caught not filling out the proper paperwork, only the previous instance involved 41 children, so apparently the number 33 wasn’t quite as mystic as they thought…

Or that this was all tied up with Satanism in some way because John Podesta has a taste for avant-garde art and may have participated in a “Spirit Cooking” performance art piece with Marina Abramovic. Therefore, he’s a demon and a cannibal or something like that, as well as being a pedophile.

Or the site that found a photo feed (Instagram or Facebook; I’ve forgotten which), which was linked to Comet Pizza and it showed a number of children in the feed. This was proof that the pizza joint was all about pedophilia and these were pictures of the victims. The only problem is that the photo feed was of families and account-holders who had “liked” or visited the pizza place, which is a family place, so now all sorts of innocent families found their pictures all over the Internet with the adults labeled as pedophiles and the children as their victims.

Even a picture of the owner of the place smiling while holding a laughing baby was deemed to be “creepy,” because nobody has ever smiled while holding a laughing baby…

At this point, it’s taken on a life of its own, with more and more businesses involved, more people implicated, more and wilder theories being posited. It’s not hard to figure out why, either. Since there is no actual evidence, there’s a limit to how much they can keep saying the same thing. If they’re a fake news site, they have to keep escalating in order to bring in the eyeballs, clicks, and revenue. And if they’re really invested in this, they can’t back down but have to keep inventing wilder and wilder theories rather than admit that they don’t have anything.

It would be hilarious if the real-world consequences weren’t so potentially dire. Yelp has already had to flag the establishment because of the fake one-star reviews. And they’re not doing a particularly good job at filtering, so at any given time, you can usually find a couple of fake reviews.

5 Likes

You know who else has an IMDB page?

This proves it! What, I don’t know, but this is incontrovertible evidence!

2 Likes

It proves that Bannon is a actor hired by the Illuminati to take over the world!
Way less crazy of a idea then this “pizzagate” crap.

2 Likes

Wait, wouldn’t that mean that Hitlery hired him?

no Hillary was kicked out due to her dealings with the lizard people.

Damn I guess I haven’t been keeping up.

Aliens were going to subject Trump to an anal probe but gave up, not knowing where to start.

7 Likes

Your logic is sound and your facts are solid, but your theory lacks credibility without an all-caps WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!!1!911!! at the end.

1 Like

Erwin Chemerinsky, commenting on United States v Alvarez:

"Alvarez is one of the court’s most emphatic statements that false speech is generally protected by the First Amendment and it is for the marketplace of ideas, and not for the government, to decide what is true and what is false. The protection of false speech, of course, is not absolute. There still can be liability for defamation and punishment for false advertising. But the six justices in the majority were clear that speech cannot be punished just because it is false.

Put most simply, Alvarez stands for the proposition that there really is a First Amendment right to lie."

1 Like

I’ve no idea who the fuck Jack Posobiec is or who is connections are – though he seems to be in the fold of MRAs/GGers and deplorables – but he’s clearly a terrible person, a fount of fake news, and to be treated as a new O’Keeffe.

I’m seriously considering a Kickstarter to fund highway billboards in counties that voted for Trump - they’ll have President Obama’s photo on them and the words “Miss me yet?”

2 Likes

In October, Welch hit a 13-year-old with his car, causing serious injuries to the child’s head, torso and leg, according to WBTV. Sean Lankford, friend of victim Kenyatta Belton, told the news station that “he had the whole road to turn into” and “could have avoided” hitting him. It’s unclear if he faced criminal charges for the incident.
It’s North Carolina; I think he gets half a kill decal for his car, since the black kid survived.

2 Likes

Lucky he was a dirty white boy because if he was black, he would have been shot 1st and questions asked later!

Post racial America…Chief Justice Roberts you live in a big white bubble.

3 Likes

So if you want to crown them, CROWN THEM!

Criminally stupid.

Guns and stupidity, what could possibly go wrong?

The idea of fake news terrifies me. How can people elect to live in a world without fact? As a progressive I have to ask myself how am I contributing to this world without facts or reality. What odd ideas do I hold to be true and why? Are women and men exactly the same? Is Islam really a religion of peace? Are human beings really not a sexually dimorphic species? Perhaps we need to be more rooted in reality to effectively combat the delusions of the right.

Appropriate punishment would be a stake driven through his heart.

Yelling, “child sexual abuse!”, over the radio about a pizza joint’s basement that doesn’t exist must have some equivalence to a crowded theater.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available