Discussion: 'What About The Alt-Left?' Trump Lashes Out In Impromptu Press Conference

The President is mentally unfit for office - seriously - the man is bonkers

Early this afternoon this was out in the news -

“A North Carolina KKK leader says that he is “glad” that anti-white supremacist protester Heather Heyer was run down and killed in Virginia.”
“I’m sorta glad that them people got hit and I’m glad that girl died,” Justin Moore “a Grand Dragon” in a KKK organization, told WBTV.

any “traditional” Republican who reflexively continues to kiss Trump’s butt deserves to see their political career go down in flames.

2 Likes

Even if he does fire some of his goons, it doesn’t take away his statements today.

He called those NeoNaizis peaceful, concerned conservative citizens cherishing their monuments to slavery and Jim Crow and worried about their fate in a new location off campus. But they just knew those violent Bernie People were going to put down their lattes and pull down their Confederate hero just like Bush and Cheney took down Saddam’s statue in Baghdad?

Give us a break. The Klan came to Charlottesville fully armed and looking to rumble. The ACLU came armed with cell phone cameras.

But, hey. This goes to prove that the power of the written word via social media and especially those cell phone photos is still stronger than the sword, right? Time will tell.

1 Like

On Monday afternoon, @ICEGov, the official Twitter account of the United States Department of Immigration and Customs enforcement made two posts, both curious for their timing. The first came at 1:48 p.m., touting a federal court’s decision to sentence Jeramy Weatherall, a 29-year-old Dallas man, to 20 years in prison for one count of possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute.

4 Likes

“Last Thursday, ICE completed the largest prosecution of white supremacists in the nation’s history.”

What?!

2 Likes

Yep. They lied. The final conviction was on the 10th. The indictments came down years ago.

3 Likes

I just finished reading the transcript of Trump’s presser today. Oh, god, why do I torture myself so? :no_mouth:

3 Likes

So you would rather take issue with me than the Nazis? That’s going to get you put into a concentration camp. You better get off your duffs and realize they are coming for you first. Trump said as much today.

Good to see you. Hope you didn’t get out in the middle of the shit the last few days.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s so weird I’m trying to wrap my head around it.

I read it out loud to my husband in the car. NPR wasn’t covering the news and we had a short trip to take to the next town, and I found the transcript and what can I say, we are weird that way. Anyhoo, pretty crazy shit.

2 Likes

I’m really happy to see you too @beattycat. You were missed.

1 Like

Thanks but I don’t quite believe you’re concerned for me and the joke’s not funny either. Not even Trump thinks of Sanders, or Liz Warren, as the alt-left. I think you need to be black to be in that league for him. Or protesting on the same side as black protesters. That’s the criteria. Not sure how you missed it.

The nazis and the Resistance movement were equally responsible for the extermination of 6,000,000 Jews

1 Like

Thank you! No, I deliberately stayed home, as I fully expected there to be fireworks. I swear, though, if I could run, I’d probably have been right there. My marching days are behind me now (back in San Francisco). And, thanks – it’s good to see you guys as well. I’m going to be taking short breaks every now and again – I need to keep my mind as clear as possible. Besides my physical health, my mental well-beating has been taking a beating. It’s a curse, in a way, I take a lot of this shit personally, carry it on my shoulders. I’ve never been a violent guy, it’s not my style, but I do get emotional, etc., and spend a lot of time and energy wondering just how other humans can do the stuff we’re witnessing and have been since Saint Ronnie sorta opened a few doors, etc. I know it’s real. I accept it as real … but as a thinking, feeling, loving person, so much of what I’ve seen the right do to others for their differences, I just wouldn’t have considered doing that stuff to another human.

@tena – Thank you!~~ I really do love these threadss and gather a lot of strength (and knowledge) just hanging around with you guys!

6 Likes

Ah, we all take strength from each other, love. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On my next trip to Austin, I’ll grudge fuck a College Republican and dedicate it to you! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

LOL!!! Aww, thank you – you’re so kind. :laughing:

3 Likes

I wasn’t disagreeing with you! I’m just disappointed at these guys who saw what was going on, but kept quiet for far too long. This only helped to get to the point that got us here, to Trump.
Everyone could learn an important lesson from this. I hope we all do.

2 Likes

He just can’t not lie. He may own a winery but he has to lie because its pathological.

“Does anyone know I own a house in Charlottesville? It’s in Charlottesville. It is the winery. I mean, I know a lot about Charlottesville. Charlottesville is a great place that’s been very badly hurt over the last couple of days. I own actually one of the largest wineries in the United States. It’s in Charlottesville.”

FULL OF SHIT

4 Likes

looks for the “second amendment people.”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available