Discussion: 'What About The Alt-Left?' Trump Lashes Out In Impromptu Press Conference

LOL! I might have to borrow that when the right time comes.

(shudder) Super creepy, long spatulate fingers, like a water strider bug, a gerrid.
Why???
$$$$$

1 Like

Minimize your Trump exposure, treat him like X-rays.

3 Likes

He doesnā€™t even own the largest winery in Virginia.

2 Likes

give us the long needed death of journalismā€™s false equivalence.

Thanks for that. They needed a good beating down. I think theyā€™re starting to remember what their purpose is, and itā€™s not dancing with Karl Rove or looking into the camera and telling us ā€˜you decideā€™. But still, too many of them are already wealthy and out of touch. But itā€™s good to see WaPo and NYT trying to out-scoop each another.

5 Likes

The question is what is John Kelly going to do ?
If he stays, he believes / condones this crap ???
Does he have any decency left?
What is he going to do?

2 Likes

Heā€™s a lying man child. He never waited to get the facts in his life. He is a sociopath, period.

5 Likes

My ancestors who signed up to fight fascism in Europe did not have a demonstration permit either.

2 Likes

No, from what I read, $$$ wasnā€™t the issue. A bit of a dilettante is my guess, you know, canā€™t be seen in the same dress in public - twice - in the same season.

Trump at his purest essence:
"You can call it terrorism. You can call it murder. You can call it whatever you want.ā€

This from the man who raged at people not using the exact formula ā€œradical Islamic terrorismā€ whenever any Muslim committed murder.

Who he channels is far right Austrian white nationalist Jƶrg Haider, who famously dismissed mass murder just as cavalierly:

Haider: For me there was an era in which there were military confrontations, in which our fathers were involved. And at the same time in the context of the Nazi regime there were events, which are not acceptable. But none of my relatives were involved in them.

Interviewer: Did I hear right? What do you call events?

Haider: Oh alright, they were activities and measures against groups within the population, which were striking breaches of Human rights.

Interviewer: Do you have difficulty speaking of gassings and mass murder?

Haider: Alright then if you like, it was mass murder.

ā€œIf you likeā€ā€¦ ā€œwhatever you wantā€ā€¦ just words, as if the deeds were nothing.

6 Likes

I believe Donald prefers Yoohoo.

Trump doesnā€™t know the difference.

Heā€™s guilty.

1 Like

Wow heā€™s totally lost it.

2 Likes

Slightly OT:

Richard Trumka, the president of the powerful AFL-CIO union, announced on Tuesday he would resign from President Trumpā€™s manufacturing council. ā€œWe cannot sit on a council for a president who tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism,ā€ Trumka said

About frigginā€™ time.

5 Likes

Heā€™s going to let everyone see the current occupant for exactly what he is, what do you expect of him?

ā€˜Frustratedā€™ John Kelly listens to Trump double down on ā€˜both sides to blameā€™ Charlottesville claim

Itā€™s not his job to censor or corral the current occupant after all. Itā€™s OUR job to let our Congress Critters know full well our displeasure and start putting pressure on to remove his sorry ass.

Aside from that itā€™s also OUR job to get the vote out and neuter the current occupant in 2018 if the GOP is too timid to deal with him.

IMHO Kelly is doing us a favor letting the current occupant show voters exactly what he is.

The rest is up to us.

2 Likes

1 Like

Nonsense. They accepted appointment to his administration, serving as his representatives, implementing his policies. Today they stood beside him while he embraced white nationalism and Nazism; they are people without conscience, just like him. They and him, are not worthy of defense or respect.

4 Likes

In Trumpā€™s mind, the alt-left looks suspiciously like the 54th Massachusetts.

6 Likes

Louise Linton is an ā€˜actressā€™ who was made CEO of Mnuchinā€™s old Dune Entertainment in May.

1 Like

I went on here to go into a rant about Trump and I will separately but in a later post. I went down To VB about three weeks ago as my daughter had her dance nationals there and wondered where you had been. 14 hours each way gives you a lot of time to think. I normally am very uncomfortable anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line but when I have been in VA I have always been pleasantly surprised with how friendly the people are even to us Yankees. I feel bad you people had to go thru this. You certainly did nothing to deserve it. Up here we may see an attempted repeat but it looks like a bust at this point in time. As to your personal situation as an old fart with a bad ticker I can relate. All I can say is stay optimistic. I ainā€™t what I was but I ainā€™t that bad off either. And if push comes to shove do not be afraid to reach out as you may be surprised. Now excuse me while I go off on my rant. Good luck.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available