Discussion: WH: Trump Orders DOJ To Release Top Ex-Investigators’ Texts On Russia Probe

It very much appears to me that the collusion is on-going. Until I see what Donald releases here, I’m in the dark too about what it means. Apparently, “the premier” will be a contrived story about some old white guys breaking the law with Russian enemies, followed by another lecture about we gotta listen to Putin ; - )

3 Likes

Bing bing bong bong bing.

3 Likes

I accidentally read some garbage editorial by John Solomon earlier today where he was crowing about Lisa Page’s testimony. Definitely could have been some of the crazy soup Trump had on his mind when he hatched this great idea.

7 Likes

It WILL happen.

I’m guessing ‘dire’ was meant in the same way a shitty daytime soap is dire

Like, exhale-through-your-teeth-and-shake-your-head dire

1 Like

The Orange Gollum’s getting nervous his “precious” golden toilets in his towers and condos and golf courses might just go the way of Manafort’s vacation houses.

Forfeiture is his biggest fear.

If there is any clear trigger for Trump’s latest act of desperation, there it is.

5 Likes

It would seem to be the obvious thing to ask back at him during any of his mic time or the Fuckabee Slanders power hour. “Yes yes, but what does your slandering of these lifelong public servants have to do with the mountains of evidence uncovered, or that your whole campaign and administration was staffed with criminals who have pled guitly?”

7 Likes

I feel like Trump took a look at Nunes and Junior and said 'Hey!, they can’t be more brash and reckless than me. I’ll show those hairy fuckers!"

This is a self-own of major proportions. It telegraphs that more bad news is coming down the pike. It actually makes it easier to admit use evidence obtained from the Carter Page FISA surveillance in court, because this moron declassified it. It again shows the GOP prepare to give Carter Page, a confirmed Russian spy and overall weirdo, a bear hug. If that’s the hill you wanna die on GOP, be my guest.
In addition, it’s another example of corrupt intent to intimidate investigators. It’s completely impeachable because it totally undermines national security for his own perceived benefit.

What I would love to see is Mueller indict Carter Page.

38 Likes

Things feel like they are speeding up. Kavanaugh is a pivot point. Manafort was a huge pivot. The release of the texts will convince no one that is not already so. Since the White House is releasing them this way, they are immediately tainted for anyone who is actually thinking. This is flailing, not a step by step process, thought out. When I saw the video of the reporter asking Trump if Kavanaugh offered to withdraw, he did not answer the question, just stating it was a ridiculous question. That is the tell again. If he had not, I would expect Trump to say no. No reason not to. This tease routine on the next round of tariffs today? More distraction. He is desperate for Kavanaugh to be in place. It isn’t Roe Vs. Wade, it is for him and him alone. It is coming at him like train. He knows it.

19 Likes

gosh, cosmetologists are deeper than I thought

9 Likes

I think you can’t overestimate Smeagol Two-Scoops and his ability to strike back. Of course, I don’t think he ever put his soft ass on the line in a physical way. His whole shtick all these years was press manipulation and mouthing off. Always with a way to not have to back it up. He built a life off of it. And he is vicious.

His memory for dirt and the worst thing/weak spot about a person is encyclopedic. He is going after Putin’s wish list, and everyone he can trace this back to originally. He is willing to wreck everything to be “right” or “win” and he will take down everything he can if he does go down.

7 Likes

Countered by all those manila file folders he put on the press table as evidence of his good faith policies when he divested himself of his financial holdings at the start of his presidency - CHECK MATE.

2 Likes

Not if Rudy Giuliani beats them to it. Which he will. Probably on F&F.

3 Likes

you called it

1 Like

when they could have had a white, fiscally responsible, business-leaning pragmatist to complain about for the next 4 years - oh forgot - she was a dumb old girl - nevermind

6 Likes

Friday is coming?

6 Likes

that’s just black and white actually

3 Likes

So this really happened?

Now a Deadline report suggests those tapes could be on their way to publication. Witnesses present at the pre-Emmy party say that after Arnold’s physical altercation with Burnett, in which he says Burnett “went ape-sh*t and choked” him, he shared loudly telling those around him that the Apprentice tapes had been handed over to Ronan Farrow.

I thought it was a joke.

14 Likes

He is absolutely desperate now that Manafort has flipped. This is a sign that he is way beyond the pale now, he has no other options…

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available