Discussion: WH: Trump Orders DOJ To Release Top Ex-Investigators’ Texts On Russia Probe

And in the mind of Mango Mussolini, this gives him grounds to fire, in order, Sessions, Rosenstein, and Mueller, all for insubordination. ( In Clouseau voice) “Voila…Problem Solve-ed”

2 Likes

I have no special knowledge or insight but it seems to me Putin’s smart enough to know you can’t micromanage this stuff. It’s enough for his purposes to create chaos, and he’s certainly accomplished that with Trump’s election. For his part, Trump is pathologically unconcerned with national security or any other outside-him subject whatsoever. His only consideration is what benefits Trump. He’s not being actively treasonous; it’s a by-product, except when he’s being actively treasonous by doing what he assumes or knows by being told that Putin would wish in order to benefit himself. (I know that’s a bit tricky.) Trump is like a shark or a spider—he does what he thinks will benefit himself, period. He cannot conceive of anything beyond his own moronic estimation of what will help him. He literally can’t do it. So everything he does has to and can only be understood that way.

4 Likes

I guaran-fucking-tee you Benjamin Franklin never said anything of the sort. This is a huge pet peeve and I know it’s completely futile but I wish sensible people would think for a moment whether that sounds like something an 18th-century person would say. In particular the supposed Twain quotes that are cheesy refrigerator-magnet lameness make me crazy. Please take a moment to see if the alleged speaker ever actually said that thing.

1 Like

Hey, I said up front this is all rumor-mill stuff to be taken cum grano salis. Evidently there was some kind of altercation. I sure as shit wasn’t there. I was sitting in my spare-bedroom office in southeastern Pennsylvania at the time, I’m sure. Neither celebrities nor tawdriness hold much fascination for me. Ultimately I’d rather hang out with friends or go hear some music or something. But alas, we know these things happened, and it’s our fate as humans to try to make sense out of it all. As a Bokononist I say, “Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly, man got to sit and wonder why, why, why. Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land, man got to tell himself he understand.”

1 Like

No, not just the handful that would tend to exculpate you, all that would also implicate you. Federal Rule of Evidence 106 should apply along with the Brady doctrine.

Ever since each Watergate reform was enacted the GOP has been working assiduously to undermine the reform and make the underlying act not just legal but constitutional, e.g. corporations having civil rights equivalent to those of humans, the act of spending money from unknown sources being speech protected by the 1st Amendment, etc. etc. etc.

4 Likes

Laissez-faire, babe. When you’re a star—i.e., rich—they let you do it.

1 Like

In which case every person on their face team who’s an attorney or judge should be brought before their state bars for disciplinary proceedings.

1 Like

All that money acts as a great cushion.

1 Like

I admit - as a British subject - I find much about The US Justice System perplexing.

Ordering the selective release of documents by investigatory and prosecuting authorities in the course of an investigation looks like obstruction to me, especially if those documents have some bearing on your own culpability.

Because of that I tried to find out a little more about what had gone on and was going on.

It’s provided a little reassurance…and confirmation that tRump isn’t, how can I put it?, all there.

So the White House announced, on behalf of the POTUS, that declassification of several documents - that had something to do with ongoing Russia investigations - had been ordered by the POTUS himself.

I couldn’t help but ask: Where is that nice Mr McGahn in all this?

I found out that White House press secretary Sarah Sanders had explained that Trump “…directed the declassification of some documents and public release of others ‘[a]t the request of a number of committees of Congress, and for reasons of transparency.’”

Ms Sanders was asked about the documents, which set out the WH order for the declassifications and release.

How about a little transparency about the process?

Apparently the estimable Ms Sanders answered: “There isn’t anything else, just the statement.”

Woodward’s book title, Fear, seems to describe the situation very well. I’m not taking bets on who has the most to fear.

4 Likes

But, But, But, Hannity, Varney and Dobbs that it was a great Idea Mr President ???

Because of my incompetence and many negative manic personality traits, being a life long grifter, flimflam artist, philander, deadbeat, pathological proven serial liar and guilty, I am unable to not obstruct justice to try to save myself, Dirty Donny Trump.

1 Like

He’s trying to cloud the picture. Too bad for him that what he’s ordering to be released comes from sources that simply don’t have anywhere near the skull-crushing facts that Mueller has.

What I would love to see is Mueller indict Carter Page.

Ha, that would be so perfect! Timing is everything.

1 Like

This is straight-up obstruction of justice.

But that’s a trivial concern really.
The more important fact is that this is going to seriously damage America’s national security, expose intelligence agents and methods, and make it very hard for the US to recruit agents in foreign capitals.

Trump has proved beyond any doubt that he cares only about himself—and doesn’t give a rat’s round rear about the country.

3 Likes

We can say that the people who voted for him wanted change, didn’t like the notion of a woman as president, thought a TV reality show host with a bombastic personality would be just what the doctor ordered, but bottom line it’s always been racism. Didn’t want or need anything from a black man. It’d be tainted So, now they get nothing from a sort of white but with orange tinges guy. Curious, is a “dog parker” like a “dog walker”, of which I’ve known a few. The ones I knew didn’t run to stupid, but I didn’t know a whole lot of them.

Dog parker = those who frequent dog parks. I have found them to be the “great democratizers” - people conversing with those they would never, ever normally converse with. Although Trump doesn’t have a dog (the first president not to in many many years) because it would take away from him, many right wing cretins frequent the park. It’s the only opportunity I’ve had to speak with the ‘others.’

Ah, dog parkers. I have known them. I’d learn the dogs’ names, but rarely if ever the owners’ names. Our favorite dog recreation venue was at Fort Funston, on cliffs overlooking the Pacific, part of GGNRA. Funston was a military figure during the Spanish American War, but we were able to borrow a part of his name and call the place Fort Fun.

That sounds MUCH nicer than mine … we just dodge the hurricanes and flash flooding here!

@joelopines, I already admitted I was mistaken when I said the texts would be redacted. What more can I say?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available