Discussion: WH Says 'Highly Inappropriate' For Reporter To Question 'Marine General'

Sarah, you are “highly inappropriate” to serve behind that podium because you just lie to damn much on a daily basis!

So SAD!

1 Like

“Just following orders, sir.”
As they march people to the ovens.

That’s why you don’t put military in positions that should be filled by regular civilians.

Joy Reid called it a lie, in big bold letters she had it blasted across the screen Kelly’s Lie. She was in for Chris Hayes.

2 Likes

I like your style!

2 Likes

Didn’t the Trump WH fire a 3 star general because he supposedly lied to Pence. Or so the administration said. So now, no one should even question a general, even though they claim one lied to them.

“… then just ungulates like a loose sail in a stiff wind.”

I think you might have been looking for the word “undulates” … but “ungulates” works as well here. :wink:

WH: Here are some examples of “highly inappropriate”:

2 Likes

Fair enough - that just means you’ll get a big surprise next year. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry Scarah, but last I checked Kelly is a retired general who is now collecting a paycheck paid for by the American people. He is not an active duty general and even if he were we have civilian oversight of the military in this country.

Clean up in the Oval Office!!!

Exclusive: Pentagon Document Contradicts Trump’s Gold Star Claims
Email undermines veracity of president’s statement about Gold Star contacts

Not only had the president not contacted virtually all the families of military personnel killed this year, the White House did not even have an up-to-date list of those who had been killed.

4 Likes

Thank you. I love Joy. I always wanted her to replace Toad.

2 Likes

Any regrets, Miss Otis?

I’ve got a few, and not too few to mention. I regret ever thinking that Kelly would raise the shambolic bedlam that is the Donnie Two-scoops White House to something more nearly normal.

I am quite certain that Kelly has sold his honor – he’s a Ringwraith now. He lied about Congresswoman Wilson. I suspect he lied (at least by omission) about President Obama contacting him. He is a man without honor – like his boss.

ETA:
It is now clear that Kelly lied about President Obama by omission. In 2011, General Kelly was a guest at the White House with other Gold Star families. He was seated at the table with Michelle Obama. It’s simply unbelievable that President Obama would not have expressed his gratitude for Kelly’s service and his son’s loss. That isn’t who Barack Obama is.

6 Likes

I just saw this so gotta post.

6 Likes

I wonder if Kelley is pissed at the White House operatives that gave him the false agitiprop to go after Rep Wilson. I think the WH set out to dig up whatever dirt on Wilson that they could find, and not finding any came up with this bullshit, not knowing there was a video recording. And the “empty uniform”, Kelly was stupid enough to run with it. Lying Morons all around.

6 Likes

“But I think that, if you want to get into a debate with a four-star Marine general, I think that that’s something highly inappropriate.”

I don’t know how the reporters handled this stupid, bullying response from Sarah Battle-Ax Sanders, but surely one or two of them could have responded with a simple “Why is it inappropriate? Especially if it’s been proven he’s completely wrong?”

1 Like

They didn’t say boo about it. They’re all afraid of being locked out.

3 Likes

Staff scrambles when Trump lies.

1 Like

Apparently the editorial board of WaPo has a piece coming out saying Kelly owes Wilson an apology for getting his facts wrong.

Does anyone else here think this debacle will cause Kelly to resign? Something tells me he will use this as a reason and be secretly glad for it. I bet he and the wifey are talking about it right now.

2 Likes

Good grief, they need to unify and decide to all walk out if these tactics continue. Course, that would mean that Fox News would be the only ones allowed in. But so what? They skew everything to Fox anyway.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available