Discussion: WH Says 'Highly Inappropriate' For Reporter To Question 'Marine General'

I wasn’t disagreeing that he’s a minority president. Nor would I disagree that we outnumber Methbilly Nation. However, less than half the country voted tho.

So, there’s legitimately a lot of those folks who can’t vote…childrenz, oldiez, the otherwise disabled, etc. BUT, with respect to the non-voters who remain…the ones who coulda-shoulda voted…I’m not conceding the argument until you can show me their fucks.

2 Likes

Drip drip drip. Jeff Sessions says there might be a need - not just yet, though - to investigate journalists who don’t toe Trump’s line.
Gotta love that freedom!

To funny, sad subject though.
If she thinks questioning a marine general is off limits,
Can’t imagine her thoughts about questioning the clown boss she has.
I am gathering that the 8am round table meeting in the morning is very loud until the trump dump shows up.
Then all be quiet as the blathering fool entertains himself for the hour.
Then off to salvage the day they go. lol

1 Like

You’re definitely on to something.

1 Like

I think we politics nerds tend to discount the level of apathy and ignorance that exists towards civic duty among the greater body politic. And it isn’t always (frequently?) due to disinterest, but often simply stress and lack of opportunity. Families with 2 parents working 5 jobs or 1 parent working 3 jobs just can’t make the time to care about politics or to get informed to vote (or to assemble the documents required to get the IDs required to vote).

We are “plugged in” and we understand the stakes, so it’s hard for us to imagine how difficult it is to keep informed for people who are working 16 hours a day and trying to work in food and sleep and family in the remaining handful of hours.

There’s definitely a not insignificant cohort who simply don’t care and can’t be made to care, but I wonder how many non-voters there are who would if they could, but they can’t so they don’t.

4 Likes

A fair point, but my point really isn’t changed by considering the WHY of their fucks going missing, so you’re right, I shoulda kept it solely about simply recognizing the reality that they did. Stupid, busy, trapped, etc., doesn’t matter. Non-participation seems to be the majority.

“I think if anybody is pushing a lot of fabricated things right now, I think most of that would be coming from the news media.”

You can stop ‘thinking’ now liar.

couldn’t you have worked in her grifter daddy somewhere?

By all means -
I loved that Novel … translated from the original Russian , it lost none of it’s gripping narrative

Here’s a couple more
A hundred suspicions don’t make a proof.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

“The fear of appearances is the first symptom of impotence.”

“That’s just the point: an honest and sensitive man opens his heart, and the man of business goes on eating - and then he eats you up.”

“It is almost better to tell your own lies than somebody else’s truth; in the first case you are a man, in the second you are no better than a parrot!”

3 Likes

Kelly is not a active Marine General, he is the Chief of staff in the White House and that allows the press to ask anything they want, he can refuse to answer but they can ask. Hell they can ask if he is a General on active duty acting in a public setting.

2 Likes

Is it appropriate to ask sanders if she worked hard to become so stupid or was she born that way?

3 Likes

I’ve cut Huckabee’s daughter a lot of slack, but she’s now demonstrated she’ll jettison her self-proclaimed religious virtues in defense of Donald J. Trump, and his immoral, unchristian — oh, let’s not quibble, psychopathic — behavior.

Not my president.
Not my God.

3 Likes

Yes, he is Mr Kelly, or Chief of Staff Kelly, Trump’s leash-holder Kelly, or the asshole formerly known as General. And in all cases I’m still the one paying his salary, so Sarah the trained Presidential Seal needs to watch her attitude.

2 Likes

Sarah is really feeling it now that she has someone like Kelly who will take a bite of Trumps “s__ sandwich and gladly stand at the podium showing everyone how much he loves it. She keeps hers for her own consumption.

1 Like

I think that the Press can ask the man any damn thing they want, and if it’s “inappropriate” he’ll let them know. Asking him to clarify misspeaks on his part ain’t one of those, honey, not in this country, babe.

1 Like

I am STUNNED! Rewatching the Chief of Staff there was no hesitancy and seemingly no confusion. Who is the rest of the “We” who were stunned? I am disgusted by Kelly. Obviously he is still heartbroken at the loss of his son, but he is also angry. And taking it out on this Congresswoman and the reporters in the room who were not directly related to Gold Star loss is in appropriate.

Trump broke all kinds of norms in his campaign. I think the norm of unquestioning allegiance to anyone who once wore the uniform is also gone. The military has an important job to do, I don’t think in general they are at their best in civilian government and in particular in this White House.

3 Likes

SARAHSAID,"As we say in the South, all hat, no cattle,” Apparently after today, Sarah talked through her hat and is a lone HEIFER, chewing her cud, grasping to the empty
bucket she carries for Trump on a daily basis. Shame, Shame on you Sarah. And BTW woman, WE will question and continue to question anyone in the military and UNLIKE you question the President. Which brings me to this question directed to the YOUR president.
DID HE APPROVE THE MISSION THAT THESE SPECIAL FORCES DIED CARRYING OUT?

Perhaps John Kelly’s STUNNING coming about the an EMPTY BARREL WAS MEABT FOR TRUMP, WHEN APPEARED THE CIA HEADQUARTERS AND TALKED ONLYH ABOUT HIMSELF…? Now that was STUNNMING.

1 Like

It is inappropriate to question a Marine Corps general, especially when the beginnings of a dictatorship are just getting off the ground.

1 Like

Every second these toxic clowns stay in power and out of prison is another huge decline in the long history of democracy. They should be utterly destroyed economically, professionally, personally – everything short of actually harming their persons barring the long awful consequences of prison. America has no place for them, AT ALL.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available