Discussion: WH Says 'Highly Inappropriate' For Reporter To Question 'Marine General'

Good grief. This video is the most horrendous they have ever done – a clear incitement to foment a bloody civil war.

1 Like

Along with his boss.

4 Likes

Why does this sound like a flat modern summary rather than something written in the 18th century by a master craftsman of prose? Because it is a flat modern summary placed at the head of some authentic quotes assembled at https://famguardian.org/Subjects/Politics/ThomasJefferson/jeff1480.htm.

1 Like

“If you want to go after Gen. Kelly, that’s up to you,” Sanders said. “But I think that, if you want to get into a debate with a
Four-star Marine general, I think that that’s something highly inappropriate.”

Rank confers a sliding scale of truth and untruth, with things becoming Truthier as rank rises.

Now say if he had been a Major, then they would have noted that he was half-right.

Captain - Well, yeah he lied but with the best of intentions.

1st Lieutentant - Shark Chum but part of the family.

Sargent and below - He knew what he was getting into when he signed up.

There are equivalents in the Business world.

6 Likes

Kelly is exactly like the general in A Few Good Men

“You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty, We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I’d rather you just say ‘thank you’ and go on your way.”

3 Likes

Up next: Trump bans sarcasm, copying the guy he’s most jealous of on the planet.

4 Likes

OT, but hilarious and more proof of Trump’s lies.

"The Art Institute of Chicago says it has the original impressionist painting by French artist Pierre-Auguste Renoir that President Trump had reportedly claimed to own.

The comments comes after Trump biographer Tim O’Brien said during an interview on a Vanity Fair podcast that Trump had years earlier claimed that his version of Renoir’s “Two Sisters (On the Terrace)” was the original.

Museum spokeswoman Amanda Hicks told NBC Chicago that the Art Institute has had the painting in its collection since 1933.

There is also a description of the painting on the institute’s website.

O’Brien said he had disputed the claim himself with Trump.

"Donald, it’s not. I grew up in Chicago, that Renoir is called ‘Two Sisters on the Terrace,’ and it’s hanging on a wall at the Art Institute of Chicago,” O’Brien said he told Trump, according to Vanity Fair. “That’s not an original.”

O’Brien said that, after Trump was elected president, he saw the painting hanging on Trump’s wall during a “60 Minutes” interview.

“I’m sure he’s still telling people who come into the apartment, ‘It’s an original, it’s an original,’” O’Brien said on the podcast.

O’Brien added that the president “believes his own lies in a way that lasts for decades.”

7 Likes

Well, here it is. Trump could care less about Sgt Johnson and his family. It is all about the win.Putting someone in their place.

5 Likes

I read that whole thing the other day. When I first saw the picture of the Renoir he was claiming was real I knew that was bullshit. hahahaha I really love this story - it’s so fucking typical of Trump.

3 Likes

“Highly inappropriate”???

Ignorance like that kinda’ speaks for itself…

1 Like

Sanders should turn that meaty hand around and point it back at herself for covering for her abusive boss and tossing grenades.

2 Likes

Headless corpse in the desert.

1 Like

Frankly I find Sarah’s deftly applied and oh so subtle make-up not only inappropriate, but it leaves me stunned. Stunned, I tell you!

And I’m being far too kind in not mentioning her rather sketchy relationship with things like facts, the truth or basic honesty.

2 Likes

I think that for a White House staff person - who has never been elected to office or subjected to approval from anyone other than her boss - to allude to the term “all hat no cattle” when describing a publicly elected official, and one who has spent most of her adult life in service to others, is appalling and disgusting. What has Ms. Sanders ever done that has benefited anyone other than her family, her pockets, or her political candidate?

After General Kelly’s comments yesterday - which were themselves despicable - you would think the White House would realize that now is the time to shut up. But not THIS White House.

Ms. Sanders - are you proud of yourself? Do you think your behavior is the kind you want you children to emulate? If so, you have no soul…

2 Likes

Wrong. Question authority.

2 Likes

So if I understand her position correctly, questioning the commander in chief on everything from 2001-2009 was fine, but questioning a general now is off limits. Got it.

1 Like

There’s a big hole in the ground where Albuquerque used to be. Locutus of Trump, SHS, sucked the whole kit and kaboodle up and is storing it in her vast buccal pouches to be buried under a tree for assimilation at a future date.

1 Like

I missed the memo or the chapters to read where I was taught to kiss the ass of a General, as a matter of fact my father taught me no one gets respect for free, they earn by their words and actions. So fuck Kelley especially as he has demonstrated the willingness to judge someone and run his mouth without all the facts. Also his questions from gold star journalists onlyrule, well my uncle died in Vosges in 1944 does that gold star status still hold for me?

4 Likes

Well, it is a little hard to reconcile her “Christianity” with working for the living personification of all the Deadly Sins. Even for her.

1 Like

In his presser yesterday General Kelly held that several things from the past are no longer sacred. Well, considering that he has been caught in a provable lie I must then consider that General Kelly’s word is no longer his sacred bond. Where I grew up and what I learned as a young man was that when someone gave a promise (their word so to speak) on something that then it was carried out as if it was a written legal contract. But in the trump crowd this is clearly not the case. You cannot trust a goddamned thing they say.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available