Discussion: WH: Kelly Told Staff Friday Morning Not To Worry About Losing Their Jobs

1 Like

I can remember someone in the Trump Whitehouse saying last summer, “Don’t lawyer up, you have nothing to worry about.” How did that work out?

24 Likes

No changes “at this time.” Five minutes from now, that’s another story.

22 Likes

Kelly Told Staff Friday Morning Not To Worry About Losing Their Jobs

This is extreme sadism…Talking into account the hell hole the White House is, losing their jobs ought to be liberating. It’s like telling someone being tortured in the rack not to worry about their lives.

11 Likes

And the appropriate response to such reassurances is to announce calmly but firmly, “This place is a fucking shit show. You’re damn right I don’t have to worry about my job anymore because I quit.” Then calmly grab your coat and walk out of the room, mumbling audibly about not wanting to miss your appointment with the special investigator.

In my dreams, but - hey - we all need them.

10 Likes

I don’t work in the White House, but every once in a while one of my coworkers says something like “I might get fired for this”, and my response is always “What makes you so lucky?”.

4 Likes

I don’t know why a qualified person would stay at a job like that. A qualified person would say Go f* yourself. Oh god - there are no qualified people in the WH!

9 Likes

“No, don’t worry about losing your job. Be certain about it, but we’ll hold out on telling you when. Keep checking Twitter.”

ETA for Sarah:

“We should do exactly what we do every day and that’s to come to work and do the very best that we can,”

Wow. This is the best they can do?

9 Likes

A slave revolt is brewing. Some day, someone is going to stand up to the sadistic boss.

4 Likes

After his announcement, under his breath Kelly was heard to say “but Monday is another day…”

4 Likes

Kudos. I was going with:

"…John Kelly reassured White House staffers Friday morning that there were not going to be any personnel changes “at this time,”

Come Monday morning is a different matter.

4 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

In my various jobs over the years, I know I’ve never found anything more reassuring after a bad quarter than the boss walking the cube-farm and saying we shouldn’t be worried about getting laid off.

lol.

10 Likes

Could Kelly make an exception for Ma Hamhock?

3 Likes

Even rank idiots know what “Don’t worry about your job” really means.

4 Likes

“Prestige” (quote marks are intentional)

3 Likes

In some twisted way it would be kinda cool to tell friends you worked for President Trump for a few months. Sort of like regaling a crowd about the terror you felt being gang raped in county jail. You gotta have stories, makes you more interesting to the grandkids.

4 Likes

You’re from a demographic where “everybody you know” supports DJT, and you’re afraid they’ll turn on you if you bail on him.

3 Likes

“my fellow WH employees, as long as I, John Kelly, is still WH COC, all of your jobs are safe. Now you might have to suspend your social media accounts, but don’t worry, as long as I’m still giving the all clear, all of you are safe. Trust me.”

“As policy priorities change, that means sometimes you’re going to have personnel change. That’s not different for this administration as it has been in any other administration and we’ll continue to add new staff regularly.”

“When you go for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.” – Jack Handy

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available