Discussion: WH Challenges Hollywood To Condemn Depp's Assassination Comments

I think Palmer reads too much into it to conclude “Putin pulled the plug” – it’s quite a leap. But the fact Kislyak was recalled does suggest where the investigation is and where it is heading – the name just slipped my mind but this is not the first time Russia pulled their key “diplomat” from the US, and that happened when the USIC zeroed in on him.

We really, really, really need Ryan’s tapes… (hoping the rumint is real).

“the name just slipped my mind but this is not the first time Russia pulled their key “diplomat” from the US, and that happened when the USIC zeroed in on him.” The guy who was pulled last summer? Unfortunately I forget his name too (why cain’t they have normal soundin’ MURICAN names?).

Yes Palmer does certainly take some leaps, and always in the most hopeful direction. Speaking of hopeful, did you see this from good old Puesto Loco? https://twitter.com/PuestoLoco/status/878976234318901248
Read the thread too. There is a lot there, including the claim that this is an “opening shot across the bow” and that it is now “showtime,” with the next 10 days to 2 weeks being key. Please be right for once, Puesto!.

Yes, that guy. Russian names are hard to memorize… :persevere: Now I’m going to the thread you linked and giving it a read.

I think – for Putin, there is no point pulling the plug from Trump as long as he holds the GOP leadership (not just Trump) in his grip . The puppet doesn’t have to be a stable regime – he would rather want the opposite (i.e., delegitimized, unstable admin), all the allegations would rather be welcome as long as they remain just allegations. Ryan, McConnell & Co. (as well as Sessions) would shield Trump from being exposed, investigated and indicted, and Putin should be able to get as much as he wants while Trump is struggling to kill the stories – that was the plan.

The premise of the scheme dramatically changed when Mueller was appointed, of course. And if, IF, it is revealed that the GOP leadership has been an active accomplice all the way, the entire plan can collapse. That I think would be when Putin might pull the plug from Trump if he ever does (except that, of course, they have another electoral attack machine ready for 2018). That’s why I’m so hoping for the rumored Ryan tapes…

By the way – it was reported this weekend Pence had an unscheduled, secret meeting with one of the Kochs (so, Trump may not have been in the know until it was reported). Something may be cooking.

ETA below*
(1) Issa???
(2) Is it a normal practice to notify suspects that they are under investigation?? Don’t think so… that part is hard to believe.

Having said that – as you may know well, when I read those people I honestly don’t care about or ask for accuracy of details. They are not a kind of people whom you should rely on for accurate details. That’s part of me licking a big grain of salt when seeing information of that nature. However, I’m seriously interested in what may underlie such information or rumor – whatever indication of where this thing is heading. So, I do hope there’s something to what’s discussed in that thread…

1 Like

“Having said that – as you may know well, when I read those people I honestly don’t care about or ask for accuracy of details” That’s it. These “reports” ideally alert us to some new direction in which things may be going (although I have to admit that Claude Taylor was quite accurate in his claims about the federal grand jury, even down to the location.)

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available