Discussion: WH Budget Chief Says He Has 'No Idea' Why GOP Couldn't Get Votes For Repeal

I looked for this on zazzle. No dice, but it’s a great idea!

1 Like

Back in the day of good LSD I occasionally could see sounds and hear what my eyes were seeing. One time I was even able to climb right inside a friendly Beech tree. Was heavy into Botany at that time so it fit right in with my “enhanced” state of mind. Ah the good ole days.

1 Like

OK, slightly off topic, but Slate’s podcast Trumpcast had a segment all through the campaign where they had actor John Di Dominico read, verbatim, recent Trumptweets in Trump voice. It was hilarious.

2 Likes

You should still be able to find a “Vote Republican – It’s Easier Than Thinking” bumper sticker.

First saw one in the 60s and they never go out of style.

5 Likes

Exactly. What did he think it would come to? An Ayn Randian fantasy “Freedom World” simply because, of course, everybody agrees with them?

2 Likes

Because even though they went with their prime directive=tax cuts, which could be businesses or 1%ers, they failed on their secundus directive kill the poors and make more poors.
I find increasingly odd that for all that they do for the 1%ers they haven’t figured out that if you add up the number of people in the 1% class they still can’t vote in the numbers that the poors and so to be poors do.

2 Likes

9 Likes

I wish it was as clear and righteous as that. A lot of the “no” votes thought the bill was too soft.
If Trump had offered the Freedom Caucus yahoos a catered weekend of hunting down homeless people, Repeal would be the law of the land.

4 Likes

Guessing they cooked him in a Dutch oven, ahem.

9 Likes

:joy: :joy:

mic drop!

2 Likes

I too am of Irish ancestry and am perplexed as to what produces these mean racist twits like O’Reilly, Hannity, and Mulvaney, who don’t appear to have a speck of empathy for anyone who does not look like them.

4 Likes

That podcast is till alive and well and the reading of the tweets is always one of my favorite things.

Mulvaney is trying to save his own ass, not realizing that he really should not be pinning his star to Trump as the Russia scandal is in full bloom.

1 Like

So, is the GOP House getting cut out of Trump’s budget?

“We’re not going to spend on programs that cannot show that they actually deliver the promises that we’ve made to people.”

2 Likes

I think it partially grows out of being on the bottom of the immigrant experience, and the poverty that accompanied it. You see it it in Italian Americans as well. Not all of course in either group, but there’s definitely a hard right turn that many make.

Don’t see it much among Jews though. It’s puzzling.

1 Like

There’s a kind of a cover-up all over the world …

I’ll bring this:

1 Like

Mulvaney said that Trump “absolutely no stone left unturned” while seeking support.

But the Freedom Caucus was unmoved by this display of brute strength.

Sounds a little hostile. Not really the best posture for working with his buddies in congress…

Mulvaney seems perplexed over this vote when all it takes is to look at the polls on the bill itself. Only 17% of Americans thought favorably of the bill and Trump only tops out at 37% favorability by all citizens. Does that sound like people actually wanted this mean and nasty bill to be passed? The right wanted to make it meaner and the less conservative R’s didn’t want to lose insurance for the hundreds of thousands of voters in their home districts. The ACA can be fixed with a few adjustments but Republicans are opposed to any and all social and progressive programs. That’s just how it is folks.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available