Discussion: WH Budget Chief Says He Has 'No Idea' Why GOP Couldn't Get Votes For Repeal

2 Likes

Because Mulvaney is an incompetent, ideological toad just like the rest of them.

31 Likes

Here is my coment, BS.

10 Likes

Mulvaney is an interesting combination of very dim, very callous, very slippery. Heavy emphasis on the dim part.

My husband is Irish.This twit is an embarrassment to Irish everywhere.

22 Likes

Maybe they wanted their constituents to be able to buy iPhones?

21 Likes

“I have no idea,” Mulvaney said.

48 Likes

The body count wasn’t high enough.

19 Likes

I hope that their incompetence doesn’t cause a real problem.

8 Likes

I am thrilled this asshat is gone from SC.

He can be a national problem now!

5 Likes

I think that the consensus is that Pretty Lyin’ Paul Ryan stuffed TrumpCare with lots of “little shit”. Paul Ryan has just launched his 2020 Presidential Campaign at Preshitident Trump’s expense.

3 Likes

“The one thing we learned this week was that Washington was a lot more broken than President Trump thought that it was,” he said.

hahaha! That’s rich, considering the Drumpf team all showed up with wrecking balls.

Yeah, it was messed up before, but not remotely as broken as you guys are making it, you turd. What a surprise for you.

9 Likes

"The bill lacked support from both moderate and conservative Republicans and was pulled on Friday less than an hour before it was scheduled to go to the floor for a vote."

Kevin Drum had an interesting point on this. Actually, Republican opposition to this bill was evenly distributed across the ideological spectrum’.

It was just a god awful; horrible, dumpster fire of a bill.

Repealing the ACA without a replacement would have left fewer people uninsured, than their replacement bill.

At the last minute, they added $75 billion for I’m not sure what, and didn’t cover any additional people.

It’s game over. Republicans have tacitly accepted universal coverage as a goal, there is no plan they can come up that will cover more people, except maybe single payer.

Thanks Obama!

29 Likes

We’re the GOP! If we can’t agree on throwing millions of poors off their insurance to finance a tax cut for rich assholes who don’t need the money, what can we agree on?

21 Likes

Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney on Sunday said that he has “no idea” why Republicans couldn’t get enough members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus to support their bill to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Well, Mulvaney, in the case of the Freedom Caucus, it’s because you didn’t make the bill cruel enough. In the case of everyone else, it’s because the bill was a piece of shit.

You’ll get my bill for this analysis next week. Feel free to call on me anytime.

10 Likes

The Republican leadership’s gonna end up so glad we still have Obamacare, because getting their balls back on properly is going to be expensive!

6 Likes

The Irish Undertaker (homage to Maureen Dowd) to my estimation has been curiously removed from tRUMP’s blame narrative, excepting the comments from that stupid judge (whoever she is).

Personally, I thought rAyn was riding a bike down a steep hill without breaks. He looked frantic throughout and didn’t seem to know what he was doing. This is a tremendous defeat for the RePugs. They should have rAyn’s head on a stick.

9 Likes

Mulvaney thought that everyone was as much of an unprincipled, callous assh*le as he is.

10 Likes

He has tasted national spotlight, and he likes it. What he doesn’t realize is its going to be yanked away from him very soon. Budget Chiefs are not the people that any Administration wants be their face and voice. This is even worse for him because he is short, ugly and lacks the charisma to get a starving wolf to eat him.

10 Likes

“Never once did I see him criticizing Ryan…”

Yes but did you HEAR him criticizing Ryan?

It’s like I never once heard Trump Tweet. I saw his Tweets and read his tweets but never heard his tweets.

9 Likes

You couldn’t get the votes because your party’s members hate each other. You are a bunch of idiots who have been engaging in the most miserable forced marriage in history.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available