Discussion: Watch A Trump Judicial Nominee Fail To Answer GOP Sen's Questions About Law

Actually, I find that somewhat hopeful. I would expect Republican senators to give nominees a free pass. If they’re challenging the nominees, it show they’re getting tired of the BS.

Here, have a nice hot mug of schadenfreude —it will make you feel better:

Take heart. The jackasses do tend to eventually crash and burn.

4 Likes

Canoodling Mitch. Eww…Eww…Eww…Eww…Eww.

To me it’s one thing to not know the answers to some of these questions. I deal with Motions in Limine on a regular basis, but don’t deal with Daubert or federal abstention doctrines, as I’m not in federal court very often. I’d have to look them up to refresh my memory. Which is exactly what I would expect someone to do if they were in a job interview for a position that required knowing this stuff. And that’s really sorta what this was.

And so to me the big thing is not whether they know some of this off the top of their heads. It’s whether or not they took this process seriously enough to actually prepare for this. And it looks like for this guy at least, the answer is no.

You are in essence being interviewed for one of the most important positions in the country, a job which with a minimum of effort you can keep for the rest of your life. AND YOU DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO PREPARE. What did you think was gonna happen here? If you don’t take this part of the process seriously, what ARE you going to take seriously?

Good lord.

3 Likes

If it helps: He was a Democrat for about thirty years, joining the Republican Party only a decade ago.

1 Like

I must remember to send them a big basket of napkins to wipe all that egg of their face.

Incredible.

1 Like

Melanin.

Republicans who have to employ African-Americans can only see them in certain roles. HUD is one such role, for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

it show they’re getting tired of the BS.

Nah, they’re just starting to internalize the election results in Virginia and Alabama, and what those elections might imply for their own.

1 Like

Utah, admitted 1999 (in good standing but no longer active).
DC, admitted 2000.

1 Like

Thanks for info.

Almost. They also have to be young enough that they can stink up a bench for the next several decades.

3 Likes

What could go wrong?

(The caption reads “Gleichgeschaltete Justiz”. See here for more on that word.)

The cattle all have brucellosis
We’ll get by somehow
Sweet Home Alabam
Play that Dead Band’s song

I heard a young attorney pronounce limine as lime-any. But at least he knew what it was.

I just had a disturbing thought. This guy is the chair of the FEC, which @ncsteve notes is famous for deciding not to actually take action.

What if the answer to the question “what was he thinking?” Is “this is the pro quo” the quid being not looking too hard at illegal campaign donations or -ahem- in kind donations from foreign nationals.

I can’t decide if this is the correct application of trumps razor (yes they are that stupid) or if my tinfoil hat is too tight.

Basically- is this appointment negligence or malice afore thought.

1 Like

Was no one alarmed that he was overseeing the work of other lawyers at the FEC?

2 Likes

I knew it sounded familiar!!!

Cheddar?
No
Muenster?
hmm Not today sir
Stilton?
umm, just ran out…

Actually, “myelo-” means “bone marrow” or “spinal cord.” Not that it excuses the doctor, but that’s what it means. “Hemo-” means “blood.”

It’s a series of blood marrow cancers, yes. Thank you.

Well, that’s only what TPM chose to show in the video. Next up was Senator Whitehouse. You must remember that TPM focuses on the Rs to keep us riled up.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available