Discussion: WaPo: Trump Admin Suspends Criminal Prosecutions Of Migrant Parents

1 Like

So until they can build much bigger prisons. How thoughtful.

But what are they doing? Are they just letting people in? Are they giving them hearing dates? What?

6 Likes

Funny how he didn’t tweet first about this complete about face…

Donnie got spanked…

7 Likes

Not Today Motherfucker
The Party’s Over
Push back from “Real” Americans

3 Likes

How fast can one safely drive in reverse?

8 Likes

“We’re suspending prosecutions of adults who are members of family units until ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) can accelerate resource capability to allow us to maintain custody,” the official said.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

6 Likes

Republicans are monsters.

12 Likes

Under normal circumstances I would say: “Let Trump clean this up himself”, but children are at risc…

5 Likes

According to Rachel last night they were dispatching JAGS from the US military to border locations to assist with prosecutions

We’ll See
You’ll Find Out

3 Likes

until ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) can accelerate resource capability to allow us to maintain custody

Translation: “for 20 days until the courts force (sic) us to snatch the kids back to the torture centers.”

But that lie will be the only thing the Orange Losers voters will hear.

3 Likes

So - Trump probably insisted on delaying this until today, allowing him to issue a fake-tough partial retreat yesterday and pretend that he wasn’t giving up anything. Then on to a night of cult-love in Duluth.

And today: reality. I wonder what or who really forced the issue here? And what will Trump take on next to compensate for the blow to his pride?

1 Like

What about those they already have in custody, and their separated children?

The problem for them if they make this retroactive, is that those children either get located and returned quickly to their parents, or they don’t. If they do, they provide horror stories that now go untold because the kids are locked up and even members of Congress can’t get to them. If they can’t be located and returned, that’s another set of even worse horror stories.

They really, really, did not think this through when they started this zero-tolerance policy. They have already committed too many crimes implementing it to back down without fatal damage from the criminality exposed as they back down and try to undo the damage already done. But just what is already public is horrible enough that they can’t go forward.

7 Likes

There’s no amount of cleaning that will wash the stench of this off the administration.

4 Likes

From all we’ve read and heard, they really do not seem to have the paperwork or identification that would make reunions possible. And now they’ve been sending little kids to facilities all over the country. This is a horror story that will go on and on.

The one sure way of ID’ing these kids, I’d say, is to set up something like a DNA bank and look for matches.

6 Likes

So the administration doesn’t really need Congress to make policy changes, then.

5 Likes

In other words, Catch and Release. CATCH AND RELEASE!!!

Which leads me to the one thing George W. Bush was correct about:

1 Like

Donnie’s always wanted to be on the cover of Time magazine…

8 Likes

Perhaps the complicit high tech firms could do the right thing and create websites and apps in order to help bring families back together.

8 Likes

And provide them for free, rather than profiting from their complicity twice…

7 Likes

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available