Discussion: Wall Street Journal Escalates Feud With Trump: ‘The Truth Hurts’

I keep telling myself that it can’t get much better, but…

8 Likes

well the billionaires were heard in '12 and everyone saw what happened then. It was one of the things that the GOP tried to head off in relation to this cycle.

Damn shame about that ugly tree of theirs. All those broken branches…

4 Likes

I once had a parakeet who was also a loyal reader of the WSJ rag. She finally flew the coop, presumably because I had sufficiently insulted her intelligence.

10 Likes

Haha…Just keep calling him A LOSER in one form or another, with concerted effort, day after day and see his thin-skin melt away till there’s nothing left but rambling incoherent spittle from the mouth of that fire-breathing pompous douchebag. He really, really can’t handle that the GOP establishment really don’t like him and won’t bow down to him like he expects his “poorly-educated”, all white, bigoted and braindead crowd to do.

In fact, I hope they all claw each other to death.

23 Likes

A loser with small hands. Let’s incite him to drop his pants to prove his point.

3 Likes

I think we should all be careful in our confidence Trump’s campaign is doomed to fail. Enough of the “poorly-educated”, all white, bigoted and brain dead in combination with a poor Democrat turnout and GOP voter suppression laws might see Trump prevail. Ask Eric Cantor what taking for granted an election reaps you.

14 Likes

Surely a sore loser.

3 Likes

I wonder if this is like the end of My Bodyguard when everyone decides Moody isn’t so tough after all? I hope so.

1 Like

My tears are real. It is only a matter of time before we see billionaires crowd on street corners to wipe clean motorists’ windshields and beg with signs that read: “Pleze listen to us.”

7 Likes

Well, Mark Twain said, “Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.” Especially when the same people happen to own conservative (sic) flagship Fox News and half of congress.

8 Likes

I’ve thought of Trump from the beginning as a typical proto fascist “celebrity” candidate that right wing movements use all over the world to get their party into office. He’s ideal for the GOP, no matter how
they wish to disclaim it. He’s what they’ve been dreaming of since Reagan, and their demurrals against him are simply hypocritical. He’s their guy.

6 Likes

ever the victim Donnie Dimwit warms up his ‘blame the media’ meme for his eventual loss at the Republican Convention or the November election… whichever comes first…

3 Likes

The unfortunate truth is that to defeat Trump you have to fight him on his level - fight fire with fire, so to speak. This is what the WSJ is doing and it’s working.

Who’s going to be the first mainstream media outlet to call him what he truly is — a douchebag.

Brand him as the douchebag that he is. It will stick like shit to a wall flung by monkeys because it’s the language and milieu of Trump - it will instantly resonate because Trump is King of the Douchebags and everyone instinctively knows that.

No one wants to vote for a douchebag and forever by associated as one.

7 Likes

I’d agree that we can take nothing for granted in how the trump base will turn out. But do we even know if they’ve registered and have ever voted and will do so now just for him. I think it’s remarkable that those in his base who are poor or underpaid believe a billionaire who’s been in bankruptcy repeatedly will lift them into another financial strata and particularly because his tax plans will not lift them at all but will lift the 1%. But consider this and it’s a quote from NYT and the perils of underestimating his supporters.

But in the places where support for him runs the strongest, the proportion of the white population that didn’t finish high school is relatively high. So is the proportion of working-age adults who neither have a job nor are looking for one. The third-strongest correlation among hundreds of variables tested: the preponderance of mobile homes.

3 Likes

Careful, WSJ. You don’t want Wall Street filled with (one might say “occupied” by) permanently parked RV’s with camo paint jobs…

5 Likes

I think you’re assuming facts not in evidence. All I’m saying is “Give 'em hell, Harry”. He deserves no less.

Btw, Harry Truman said this: “I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell.”

3 Likes

Trump is stuck on polls. So in that vein may I present this little nugget:

It isn’t looking good for trump right now. HRC has him by 6+ points.

8 Likes

Thanks for the cheer on a cloudy damp California day.

@Frankly_my_dear

Are you saying Palm Beach will soon discover one of its village idiots is missing.

4 Likes

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”

After all, they managed to elect one of their own president in 2000 and 2004.

5 Likes

I thought the above was an analysis of where tornados are most likely to hit.

Tornado…Trump…I guess it doesn’t make much difference.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available