Discussion: Video Shows Wilson Didn't Brag About Funding FBI Building, As Kelly Claimed

You can see how Trump’s lies and misrepresentations must filter through the administration.The fish really does rot from the head down.
What makes this worse is you have people in positions setting policy who not only believe his lies and cover for him but have contempt for basic facts and science. Your gaggle of climate deniers and skeptics. Or those who think abortions cause breast cancer.
I’m waiting for trees cause pollution and lead paint is good.

18 Likes

And another interesting tidbit from toward the end of Maddow’s segment is that Chad has a lawsuit against Exxon to the tune of $74 billion in unpaid taxes and a couple hundred million in unpaid royalties. Say “Hi Rex.”

21 Likes

You’re up next, Sarah Huckabuck. Waiting for the spin on this one - maybe, “It would be disrespectful to the men and women in uniform serving around the world to comment on the Chief of Staff’s lies about a member of Congress.”

17 Likes

Nah, it’ll just be “Congresswoman whatsherface is disrespecting the military. She probably kneels during the National Anthem.”

9 Likes

That’s an amazingly polite way of putting it.

2 Likes

In other words, she rightly took (and shared) the credit for the non-partisan effort to honor those two FBI agents by naming the building for them and their sacrifice in service to the country, which was the entire reason for the event in the first place.

Remind me who is shitting all over servicemembers’ sacrifices here?

31 Likes

Bullshit haha. But hey, anything’s possible. If so, I really have to wonder what “colored” his memory so…

9 Likes

The damage is done, unfortunately. The truth won’t get a tenth of the publicity Kelly’s lie did. And it won’t fit on a bumper sticker or a Fox News chyron, either.

7 Likes

Kelly and trump. Two peas in a pod. A pod that lacks all credibility.

5 Likes

I would imagine there is some white separatist staffer who is on Kelly’s shit list this morning.

2 Likes

If you didn’t see Lawrence O’Donnell’s takedown of Kelly on Thursday nite’s show - you really should check it out. He spoke as a fellow Irish Catholic from Boston and was particularly incensed at Kelly’s calling this distinguished African American woman an “empty barrel.” While others want to call Kelly a hero for “handling” Trump, Lawrence really set us straight on how Kelly handled this.

18 Likes

If he can’t keep his facts straight, he needs to resign.

12 Likes

At this point, Colin Powell is tired of holding Kelly’s beer. He’s been indisputably outdone with regards to ruining his reputation.

5 Likes

And, where is Kelly’s apology ? Waiting… still waiting … still waiting…

5 Likes

Lied about Wilson, while leaning on his dead son for credibility and gravitas.

Who exactly is the “empty barrel” again?

23 Likes

Only question now is if this is revisionist history that Kelly dreamed up after the fact as a good attack on her, or if he just wasn’t paying attention to her speech at the time and assumed she was only hyping herself up. I’m leaning towards the second option.

Either way, it’s doubtful he’ll give the proper apology for this, assuming he says anything about it at all. I already saw Trump supporters last night insisting that she’s lying on an article that clearly explained that Kelly was wrong. It’s bad enough that she criticized Dear Leader in any way, but I kinda think her being a strong black woman might have had something to do with that as well.

8 Likes

Or in the words of @outsidertrading618, it’s a Squirrelnado.

4 Likes

I lthink you know I love ya NCSteve but I must disagree.

He lied. He lied about the 20M dollars (which he pulled out of his ass as the building cost almost $195Million, he lied that she even mentioned cost. He made her out to be self congratulatory when she shared praise for everyone involved (even Speaker Boehner). She spoke about being able to get the naming bill passed quickly through Congress (which really is impressive given how new a member she was). He basically smeared her character in order to advance his agenda.
Whatever you call it, I don’t think he should get a pass here. Especially given HIS position (he advises a man that has the nuke codes - he sure as hell better be certain of whatever he says or does).

I maintain he lied to save his boss and have no respect for the man.

31 Likes

He pretty much said as much didn’t he?

And those women too.

3 Likes

But Kelly’s reputation is in tatters, not good for the CoS for Donald… “Who can we now trust ?”

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available