Discussion: Unusually Animated Carson Rails Against ‘Unfair’ Media For Examining His Past (VIDEO)

Peter Principal is strong in this one.

12 Likes

Just what does the man think is fair? Does it have to be fawning to be fair? Evidently so. Carson’s another GOP’ers that’s spent to long in the bubble…it a the perfect world of FOX, Limbaugh and Brietbart. At some point he lost the ability to deal with the world outside of that. So he railed against it…pissed off the media by blaming them for all the ills that exist today and now they’re gonna get him.

That’s all very fair. He can do his shit and they can do theirs. That’s what fair is.

10 Likes

Actually that happens. Retelling a story and then storing it back in the brain allows it to change and be stored in newer versions. Particularly for someone who believes what they want to believe I would think. Probably this process helps turn a fake story into a real one.

12 Likes

No doubt, all the research you see supports a fairly disturbing plasticity of memory. There’s a point, however, well short of saying you stabbed someone in the stomach and the knife blade broke, where a thing either happened or it didn’t. And when you have a whole series of dramatic incidents you can’t prove, well, that’s a little out of the ordinary IMHO, whether it was 50 years or twenty minutes ago.

28 Likes

he admits to peeing his pants? HOLD THE PRESSES!!

Something tells me he is feeding us a load from the other end!!

5 Likes

This is gonna hurt him, though. He is losing it in this conference. No more contemplative hand holding, no more slowly blinking eyes…a distinctive higher pitch in his voice.

Sure, some of his true believers will rally around him, but to the larger population (of even GOP voters) this was a big negative. He is cracking under the slightest of pressure…not what you want in a President.

30 Likes

Hey Ben,

If you can’t stand up to the scrutiny of early primary campaigning, you would crumple as president in no time. Go back to selling fiction as biography, which you’re actually good at.

8 Likes

Yeah, they leak from the backstage, and join the pile-on against the libural media in the frontstage… kinda like win-win for them.

7 Likes

He’s a surgeon and he’s not used to people questioning his “facts” because he’s bigger than God. This is all new to him and he doesn’t like it one bit.

21 Likes

What blows me away is how anyone could actually run for president these days without knowing that this is how it goes - everything you forgot you said is relevant again. I mean, you’d have to pretty much ignore politics and policy for your entire life, and therefore know nothing about it… to be surprised…
Hmmm.
Kind of backs up Josh’s theory about it starting as a direct-mail scam.

25 Likes

Now you know how the Clinton’s feel.

9 Likes

"Unusually Animated Carson Rails Against ‘Unfair’ Media For Examining His Past "

That’s what happens when the trap you set is by you.And oh those FACTS.

3 Likes

Actually it feels like he has literally shaped his life (or the memories of it) to fit the bullet points of what one would expect to see in a successful biography. Scary - and BTW; surgeon is one of the five top occupations for psychopaths

12 Likes

And when he opened the Seventh Seal a great silence came upon him and he waited for the sound and light to come back, but it was gone.
Thanks for coming. Close the door behind you, please.

3 Likes

What’s the difference between God and a doctor? God doesn’t think he’s a doctor.

As pressures mount on Carson, we’ll see more of this, his true self. The meltdown from loss of control begins. It can only pick up steam now.

14 Likes

This kind of attack against a fine man like SpongeBrain Squarepants is scurrilous and unseemly. Keep quiet on this stuff till the general election (if he’s the nominee) and THEN make it public. There is a time for discretion and preserving a candidates dignity and a time for mudslinging and insults. The time for throwing poop is AFTER the primaries and before the big dance, praise Segretti!!!

5 Likes

Neurotics build castles in the air…psychotics move into them.

It appears Dr Knowlittle packed up the U-Haul long, long ago and now actually believes his lies and trips to Fantasy Island.
His pathology is frightening and the usual meme of “It’s the libuuurraaal’ media!” doesn’t stand up. Rupert Murdoch’s Wall St Journal is just the latest to blow that ol’ bit of deflection out of the water.

http://www.wsj.com/article_email/ben-carsons-past-faces-deeper-questions-1446861864-lMyQjAxMTI1NTAxNzgwMTcxWj

Man up, you lying SOS.

10 Likes

In Huckabee’s case that seems obvious—he knows perfectly well he won’t be President. With Carson and Trump I’m guessing their own egos helped suck them in. Neither is exactly Hamlet-like in questioning his knowledge or judgment.

9 Likes

Drip, drip, drip…

4 Likes

Except it’s not “50 years ago”… “Gifted Hands” was first published in hardcover in 1990, which was 22 years after the alleged “scholarship offer.” I graduated from HS in 1971, and I still have clear memories today of individual teachers and the advice several of them gave me going all the way back to grade school, including specific phrases and statements that some of them made in class. In order to become a surgeon, Carson had to have a tremendously good memory simply to get through medical school, and the notion that he couldn’t remember who made the scholarship offer even though it’s played an important role in his biography is laughable bullshit.

Equally problematic is this stuff that the WSJ has unearthed:

“In his 1990 autobiography, “Gifted Hands,” Mr. Carson writes of a
Yale psychology professor who told Mr. Carson, then a junior, and the
other students in the class—identified by Mr. Carson as Perceptions
301—that their final exam papers had “inadvertently burned,” requiring
all 150 students to retake it. The new exam, Mr. Carson recalled in the
book, was much tougher. All the students but Mr. Carson walked out. “The
professor came toward me. With her was a photographer for the Yale
Daily News who paused and snapped my picture,” Mr. Carson wrote. “ ‘A
hoax,’ the teacher said. ‘We wanted to see who was the most honest
student in the class.’ ” Mr. Carson wrote that the professor handed him a
$10 bill. No photo identifying Mr. Carson as a student ever ran,