Discussion: Twitter Skewers Rubio's Line-Repeating Debate Night

Maybe he needed a drink of water…

I bet he’s running on windows…CONTROL-ALT-DELETE…

Somebody yanked on “Chatty Marco’s” pull-string a few too many times.

1 Like

Read thius from Jonathan Chait back in 2011. Nothing has changed

Jonathan Chait, back in March 2011:

“Do you get the feeling that ‘Marco Rubio’ is not an actual human being at all but some kind of computer program designed by the Republican Party? Imagine they had the technical know-how to create a candidate like this. What would they come up with? They’d come up with Marco Rubio, a cinematically handsome Latino from Florida who hews to the Tea Party line while spitting out patriotic cliches that sound as if they were programmed like a computer.”

“I’m not saying I’m sure Rubio is a robot. I’m just saying that I want to watch him walk through a metal detector.”
8 Likes

Some joker on this site told me that there was absolutely no way Sanders could beat Rubio in the general election. I think this little episode blows that factless assumption out of the water.

3 Likes

So maybe he made a misrake. I couln’t vote for Kennedy because I wasn’t 18 in 1960

1 Like

Hmm. Bus finally got under his skin. He blew a major gasket when they discussed eminent domain, and he then proceeded to insult everybody in the building for the next several minutes. That may play well to his base, but it gets him no new votes…probably ever. Trump so lost he he resorted to an essentially left wing response…arguing that eminent domain for the Keystone pipeline isn’t for public use (he is right, but you just don’t bring that up at a republican debate).

Christie destroyed Rubio. And apparently, Rubio is doing a poor job of damage control this morning, too. Rubio was trying to “run for the general” as if his nomination was already in the bag. Christie knocked him off that game, and off his entire game, and he never recovered. It was one of the best/worst take downs I have seen in one of these debates, ever.

Bush and Kasich had good nights, but I am not sure at this point it helps either that much. Same with Christie. He was on his game, but he is trailing so far back, and so many people are competing for Rubio’s swing voters, I don’t know that he picks up enough. Besides, he referred to bridges last night again. That word should be completely stricken from his vocabulary.

Cruz was a non entity last night. He is getting pounded n many fronts right for the past several weeks, but its rather ironic that a dead man walking Carson, is the one who is doing the most damage…simply be being there (though he almost wasn’t. He had a very confused moment walking on the stage).

1 Like

I totally agree with your entire post - for whatever it’s worth :grinning:

2 Likes

it would be like a chess match between gary kasparov vs. commodore 64.

Rubio profusely and repeatedly disagreed with Christie’s insinuation that he is pre-programmed, unoriginal and scripted and said so like 5 or 6 times in a row : )

Marco;
I am not a robot
I am not a loser
I am not a robot
I am not a loser
Barack is amazing
Barack is amazing
Must consume large quantities of water
Must consume large quantities of water

1 Like

Is he to be Robotio going forward? It’d work for me.

@jootjoint

HAL: I’m afraid. I’m afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I’m a… fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you’d like to hear it I can sing it for you.

2 Likes

The Koch brothers must be choking on their Wheaties this morning. Robo Rubio blew it.

“Danger, Will Robinson!”

“It must be attributable to Sheldon Adelson’s human error, Dave.”

1 Like

The Koch do not eat Wheaties for breakfast. They eat the ground fetuses of the babies of low-income women that Carly Fiorina provides for them.

1 Like

Maybe if he gets some of those ruby cowboy booties…

1 Like

Commodore 64? More like a 1963 Olivetti manual typewriter!

Man, I always loved Paula Prentiss. One of the most brilliant comic actresses who ever lived, and she never got the respect and fame she deserved.

1 Like

70 this month = born 1946

1965 = year when 21

could vote Hubert vs Nixon in 68

(I was born in '53 and first vote was in '72 after minimum age reduced to 18)

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available