Discussion: Trump's Lawyers Are Fixated On Scope Of Mueller's Probe. Here's What That Is

9 Likes

Fixated? How about obsessed?

4 Likes

one word: Whitewater.

They should be fixated although there is nothing they can do about it. These investigations are the only reason for the entire office to exist. There are no other cases to divide their attention. Absent pardons, this will go on for years.

Of course, I expect everyone named Trump, Kushner and a few others to be fully pardoned by year end at the latest.

1 Like

Pretty good scope, hey boys? But just think of the billable hours (suggestion: get paid in advance for at least 4000 hours each, plus any associates that will be doing work - better throw in a few meals, too).

1 Like

This is the best article I have read so far on Trump vs. Mueller legal aspects very little speculation. Team Treason blowing a lot of b/s.

.http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/21/robert-mueller-trump-roundtable-215404

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a lot of damned smoke; Iā€™ll bet there is a fire somewhere.

2 Likes

Trumpā€™s lawyers are the smartest guys in the room. Each one of them will tell you so.

1 Like

Science is fake. These are lies.

1 Like

Good article!

8 Likes

Best roundup Iā€™ve come across so far - thanks Allegra!

8 Likes

next yearā€™s top movie: Trumpā€™s Towering Inferno.

3 Likes

Which - I think we should all keep in mind - began in 1978, some 16 years prior to Fiskeā€™s appointment as Special Prosecutor(much less Starrā€™s).
So, just to recap:

• 16 years is within scope of precedent
  • initial cause for investigation of precedent was very far afield from a blue dress, topically
  • political affiliation and partisanship, per precedent, is really kind of irrelevant
3 Likes

Agree. There are so many things wrong with this administration and their campaign, itā€™s good to have even some of it laid out like this so we donā€™t forgetā€¦Iā€™d completely forgotten about Jared running a ā€œsecureā€ server to Russia amongst the many other criminal or near-criminal things this klan has done.

2 Likes

Is Rebekah Mercer being investigated? Wasnā€™t the data analytics firm hers (the one that Jared bragged about working w/ during the election)? and/or didnā€™t she fund this?

3 Likes

Fixated? How about terrified and looking for any possible way to stop this.

1 Like

Looks like it just got a bit bigger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-discussed-trump-campaign-related-matters-with-russian-ambassador-us-intelligence-intercepts-show/2017/07/21/3e704692-6e44-11e7-9c15-177740635e83_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.5f5308bb6851

I knew it! I knew it the second the little shit took a question from Franken that wasnā€™t about him and blurted out his pre-rehearsed coverup perjury as if it was.

Yeah, yeah, we have to take into account the possibility that the Russians say shit just to stir shit up because they know theyā€™re bugged. But we also have to take into account that the tell the truth just to stir shit up because theyā€™re bugged.

5 Likes

And because Iā€™m middle aged, I had to go back and look at what I said back in what turned out to be March before touting my own precognition, just to make sure I wasnā€™t making it up and patting myself on the back for nothing and was, as usual, surprised at how much Iā€™d forgotten. Forgotten, specifically, about how the answer at his confirmation hearing that led directly to the recusal that led to Muellerā€™s appointment unfolded. Hereā€™s the money:

He told two lies he need not have told, two lies he could have avoided telling, simply by answering the question that was asked rather than answering one that had not been asked. And that, my friends, is the thing that people who are guilty, guilty, guilty do when a question hits closer to the mark than the questioner intended. Thatā€™s the kind of thing that people who who have a Big, Big Thing theyā€™re consciously trying to conceal because they fear consequences do.

8 Likes

Itā€™s interesting to observe what things about this investigation seem most likely to cause Trump Twitter Freakouts (TTF). Surely no one, and definitely not experienced investigators, would consider that to be a prime indication of where it would be most valuable to dig furtherā€¦

1 Like

I havenā€™t bothered to read the Breitbart article, but there actuallty is quite a lot of fake peer reviews (and also ā€˜Predatory Science Publishersā€™) around.

I can recommend http://retractionwatch.com/ , which keeps track on retractions, retraction-handling (often done very badly, with no cause given ) and the causes for retractions (and often it IS fabricated results (e.g.image manipulation), but it can also be for privacy reasons, copyright violation, duplication of own results, plagiarizing (others or oneself)). The comments are often very good.

Just a random example (image manipulation) http://retractionwatch.com/2017/05/25/journal-retracts-nine-papers-one-day-author-investigation-weizmann-institute/

And another re fake peer reviw http://retractionwatch.com/2017/04/20/new-record-major-publisher-retracting-100-studies-cancer-journal-fake-peer-reviews/ (Springer is a major scientific publishing house based in Germany, not related to Axel Springer, if anybody remembers him)

Wow. Thereā€™s an awful lot in that ā€˜nothing-burgerā€™

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available