Discussion: Trump Told Chaffetz Not To Talk Oversight In Oval Office Meeting

Uh huh…I wonder if ‘not talking oversight’ is like the ‘wink wink’ he gives his kids when he tells them not to discuss business when he, Donald, is in the room?

5 Likes

I try not to look at him.

I wish the “change Drumpf’s face to a kitten’s to avoid looking at him” app would come with a blanket “replace all Goopers with photos of things that don’t make me want to vomit” function.

I’d even pay for it. Although it would be a great public service to make it free.

5 Likes

Chaffetz and his ilk would only turn against the Orange Ogre in the Oval Office when they have a direct and personal “win” out of it. Never just because he alienated or ignored them. But when the chance comes, they’ll rip the Orange Ogre to shreds.

9 Likes

Sadly, it’s on every channel. All 1000 of them. It’s the only movie that will be on for the next several years, or longer.

Might actually be a Good Thing in the long run. America’s fetish for Short Attention Span Theatre might result in enough pain for some of this to stick.

7 Likes

“Change the Postal Service”? Sure, unleash the market forces. It’ll go over bigly when it costs $9.00 to send a letter across the country.

9 Likes

I expect they will cut funding to the bone. They already require them to have most of their profits tied up in pension funds.

Eventually the USPS will be forced to sell advertising space to corporations and individuals:

Mail trucks will soon look like this:

All part of Making America Great.

18 Likes

Oh, I’m not holding my breath that Chaffetz will ever actually go after trump. Maybe it’ll happen, maybe not. I’m just saying he could provide invaluable advice that trump desperately needs to hear, and that trump will ignore it.

2 Likes

Try, just TRY to close a rural post office, Republicans. I dare you.

9 Likes

Hmmmmm…considering what Chaffetz spent the last few years doing, I have my doubts that he’s in the position (morally, ethically or otherwise) to offer “invaluable advice”.

But I get your point.

4 Likes

Anybody not watching MSNBC is missing Trump read and interpret statutes as part of his speech to police.

4 Likes

That No Class Forever stamp needs to be re-done in billboard size.

At least in high enough resolution that it can be printed out for large protest signs. In fact, several variants with different pictures of him. Needs to become a ubiquitous meme. Everywhere.

2 Likes

The hypocrisy about Chaffetz’ diplomatic security funding priority jumped off the screen at me. I am not sure how to pronounce his name, is it like Shafts? It would be fitting because he is obsessed with shafting vets, postal workers, democratic initiatives that he actually ironically supports as priorities, etc…

3 Likes

Trump, “I comprehend very well. Better than almost everyone”.

4 Likes

Chaffetz said that he would not go on a “fishing expedition” when asked about the President’s potential conflicts of interest.

This is what that “fishing expedition” would be like:

http://www.theonlinefisherman.com/images/00_fishing_reports/Captain_Jim_Hammond/2014/05-07/mullet.jpg

8 Likes

The level of discourse has fallen below pre-school
“bum hit the chair”? these “boys” are really in a locker room"

2 Likes

Chaffetz is a little scary he has plenty of delusions of grandeur of his own. I’m sure if he’s told to back off oversight, he’ll do so. Another authoritarian waiting his turn.

3 Likes

From late November:

Even after the election, Chaffetz said he had a “duty and obligation” to continue investigating the former secretary of State. However, he claimed his committee would investigate President-elect Trump with equal fervor. “I am optimistic that a Trump administration would actually be cooperative,” Chaffetz said.

3 Likes

Fishing expeditions. Isn’t that what Chaffetz specializes in?

4 Likes

Instead, the two talked about Chaffetz’s legislative priorities, like changing the U.S. Postal Service, ramping up embassy security abroad, and and reforming the federal civil service, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Did they discuss Chaffetz bill to direct Interior to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming?

2 Likes

Guess they can check the box on postal reform. Done!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available