Discussion: Trump To Appoint Anti-Abortion Leader Charmaine Yoest To Post At HHS

Ah, well, another day, another chance to be a dick. Mission accomplished. Again.

2 Likes

Gawd, I hope so.

5 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Thank you. I agree 100% with what you said and it bears repeating. Especially your second paragraph.

4 Likes

I donā€™t agree. Bernie is not trying to ā€˜fuck us overā€™. He is trying to have us remember what the CHOICE is in PRO-CHOICE. To WIN we need to go back to being a big tent party. Before you get mad, I am a Hillary voter but Bernie has some good ideas.

2 Likes

Ummm, maybe because there is no reputable research that shows that?

1 Like

Anyone who thinks Trumpā€™s first 100 days has not been ā€œproductiveā€ must have shit filters on their glasses. If I had tried to think of the absolute worst people for the positions he actually has filled, I do not think I could have come up with a more loathsome list of characters.

3 Likes

Please provide the date and time the small-tent-ness appeared.

3 Likes

That ainā€™t one of them.

But ok, hell, letā€™s open the door to racists and people who are anti-Muslim, too, since itā€™s ok not to stand for things like choice for women.

3 Likes

ā€œLove the fetus; hate the child.ā€ Remember Randi Rhoades saying that but donā€™t know the originator.

3 Likes

Its fiction and exaggerated ā€“ but the premise is not all that hard to imagine from where we would end up if the religious right aligned with the fascist right could take us if not constrained. The new production is excellent ā€“ although I think its about the most disturbing thing I have ever watched.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see the movie either. Iā€™m glad the production is good. I really am. Itā€™s obviously an important book and story.

I didnā€™t enjoy the book. I get it and thatā€™s probably why. hahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Sheā€™s clearly one of Mike Penceā€™s buddies. If Trump is taken down, the Pence administration will be packed with people like this.

2 Likes

One of my senators, Bob Casey, is a ā€œpro-lifeā€ Democrat. Itā€™s unfortunate, but he is still WORLDS better than our other senator, the loathsome Pat Toomey. Casey is a reliable vote on pretty much every other issue, and he hasnā€™t, for example, joined the effort to defund Planned Parenthood because he recognizes the essential health-care services they provide. If he were to lose, he would likely be replaced by a Republican.

6 Likes

Makes one wonder how many he has had to pay for. Quietly, of course.

Anecdotal evidence:

I have had an abortion.

I have a family history that goes back three generations for breast cancer.

At age 60, I have not been so diagnosed with breast cancer.

So there.

3 Likes

Another useful idiot. So many to choose fromā€¦

1 Like

So what youā€™re saying is that youā€™d prefer the rightwing nut as Mayor of Omaha, because that would be better for everyone?

Also, where were you when he was supporting that Presidential candidate who said sheā€™d be willing to consider a constitutional (read: amendment) ban on third-trimester abortions, hmm?

2 Likes

My wife and I are both nurses, and we adopted our daughter. My wife, Mrs. Birdford, is by far the bravest of us and she worked at Planned Parenthood in Arizona through some of the worst of the demonstrations in the late 80ā€™s and early 90ā€™s. She was screamed at, threatened, had stuff thrown at her. I walked her in the door on some of the days when we knew it was going to be fierce. A lot of these people (the demonstrators) are bat shit crazy and a lot more of them are just as sincerely ignorant and full of religious fervor as the people throwing fits and speaking in tongues at a tent show revival. This crap about killing babies has worked for the Right like a magic spell for years, and in my community (a very red town called Mesa, Arizona), there are a lot of people who would vote for Attila the Hun if he promised to end abortions. It is maddening, perplexing and beyond understanding to rational people. I mostly wanted to post this to say how proud I am of my wife.

12 Likes

By that definition, Iā€™m a professional abortionist.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available