Discussion: Trump To Appoint Anti-Abortion Leader Charmaine Yoest To Post At HHS

If you dig down into this, it’s never really been about abortion; it’s about punishing women. “If you have sex outside of a religiously-defined relationship and not strictly for procreative purposes, you have to be punished.” And the hell with the horrific consequences of that world view or how much it increases unwanted children, back-alley abortions, etc.

12 Likes

And not only that! Probably testicular cancer, too!

1 Like

OHHHH, I’ve had it up to here. All the hype about working together and seeing both sides of the issue will bring us together. I’m tired of hearing that and then seeing things like this. It’s a slap in the face. And I’m over it. I have my convictions. I’m not going to be intimidated and held at bay by those who say I need to bring this country together. It never involves the conservatives. EVER. The liberals and progressives need to come together with the conservatives to continue the conservative ideal. ENOUGH! Women of this country have the right to control their own bodies. They have the right not to be intimidated by men and Christian beliefs that stranglehold this nation.

15 Likes

Where does Trump and all these other, largely white right-wing fanatics keep finding women who are so willing to enslave the majority of women in this country by denying them the freedom to control their own bodies?

If government tried to similarly deny the rights of men like Trump & his cronies they would be rioting in the streets with all their guns.

5 Likes

You win the thread.

That’s exactly what it is about and always was. We aren’t supposed to have the same freedom sexually that men have.

8 Likes

I don’t think we should expose school children to controversial and provocative ideas like birth control.

Or their children, either.

12 Likes

I always ask pro-life folks how many children they’ve adopted. If the biological parent for any reason can’t care for a child but these folks insist that child must be born, then I expect them to have adopted several such children.

8 Likes

It’s also about conservative men being in complete control too. They literally control a woman’s life. And that mentality is not my problem. Stop making it my problem. If these men need that much control, they should go get help, don’t run for office and make it everybody’s problem.

7 Likes

I was going to edit my post to add that point about control but now I don’t need to. Thank you and well stated.

5 Likes

Oh joy – another wild eyed fascist who would rather see women die than make sure they have access to healthcare. trump is busy trying to repay evangelicals for electing him. Such good christians – demand chastity of women and see no hypocrisy in supporting the pussy grabber because they are absolutely certain jesus loves them.

7 Likes

Another sucker falling for the Trump carnival bit. Yoest is going to be given a level of public scrutiny and embarrassment the likes she’s never seen. Her previous statements are already idiotic and provably so, I’ll be glad to watch her embarrass herself, her family and any and all business connections she has because she thinks Trump branded Religion is the go-to faith of the future.

8 Likes

Along the same line, I get furious when men say that prenatal and maternal coverage isn’t a necessary part of their healthcare needs. A man was part of the “creation” of a child and HE IS RESPONSIBLE for that child’s developmental and physical care.

7 Likes

Anyone here watching The Handmaiden’s Tale on Hulu?

Keep up the Clintonite sectarianism and you’re going to lose the next election too, apart from losing any opportunity to break out of the bubble here at TPM. BTW I voted for HRC in the general.

3 Likes

Well yeah.

1 Like

If those men were carried to term and born, then it kinda was

11 Likes

I read it and I really don’t care to watch it.

1 Like

And many times … more’s the pity —

5 Likes

Given that the sardonicism underlying @icarrion’s statement is directed at those who steadfastly refused to vote for the democratic candidate (“Never-Clintoners”, essentially), wouldn’t it be more accurate to describe the sentiment as anti-sectarian?

1 Like

Based on his prior appointments, this type of choice was inevitable…it is as though whatever might be workable for America needs to be turned into a radical partisan opposite…

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available