Discussion: Trump: There's A 'Chance' We'll Have 'Major, Major Conflict With North Korea'

It’s pretty much the only way you can deal with a narcissist like that. There is no one he’ll listen to outright, no one that can cut through the bullshit and tell him what to do or not to do. Telling him that what he is doing is stupid and counter-productive is a sure path out of the administration. They all have to manipulate him, as we saw in that Politico story: stroke his ego, don’t give him multiple options to consider but just give him something simple and then tell him how much the press and/or his base will like it.

2 Likes

Oh it’s worse than that. He’s speaking at a, gasp, Healthcare Conference! What does he know about healthcare?

2 Likes

The former is the most likely, because the latter would take a minimum of ten years.

2 Likes

Actually, our coal-fired thermonuclear device is somewhat larger than North Korea…

1 Like

You’re just all so hypocritical!!! Why you’d be “screaming” if you caught a Republican not wearing a tie!!!

7 Likes

The updo vs. the dry look…

Post of the day.

1 Like

I have read that article, and many others. For this one, the strongest argument is “Mr. Trump’s remarks came amid signs that North Korea might soon conduct another underground detonation at its Punggye-ri nuclear test site despite Mr. Trump’s warning not to do so.”

That is not a reason. Attacking Al Quida in Afghanistan after they killed thousands of people on 9/11, that makes sense. Attacking Iraq after they invaded Kuwait makes sense. Even attacking a Syrian air base after they killed a hundred people with nerve gas makes some sense. Attacking for doing something I warned you not to do?

2 Likes

Better still, the PRK used all its ammo yesterday…

Please no WWIII til Tuesday. My company stock vests on Monday.

3 Likes

That’s right. And monsta trucks! Bannon’s got a lot of Breitbart subscribers to clean the minefields at the border with their monsta trucks! The goo(CLANG!) will flee in terror just at the sight of hundreds of monsta trucks coming at 'em! I’ll cover the cost of getting any new trucks cause I’m really rich!

1 Like

Bunker-meth freak out, Aber Naturlich Mein Lieber!

1 Like

trumpp fundamentally doesn’t understand most of what he’s been presented as CIC. This is the perfect, and at the same time the worst example. He cannot grasp the complexities of foreign policies or the thinking of foreign leaders or the interconnectedness of countries around the world. We can try to look past his words, chalk them up to ignorant braggadocio.

4 Likes

“We’d love to solve things diplomatically but it’s very difficult.”

Gosh, Don. I’m pretty sure your negotiation skills are why your devoted base elected you to be the leader of the free world…

There is no hope. Republicans are cementing a substandard, medieval education system for our youth, so they won’t be able to make informed choices in the future. If anything the populace will become increasingly stupid, incurious and compliant. Trump and his ilk can tell any lie they want these days and citizens take it at face value and accept it. They’re just smart enough to know they know nothing, about much of anything, so whatever Trump says must be true. Who are they to dispute it?

2 Likes

Bingo.

1 Like

Gee, ya think he knows that in the list of things JFK said during the Cuban missile crisis, “There is a chance of a major, major conflict with the Soviet Union” was not one of them?

The kind of thing a man of below average intelligence but a certain dumb cunning who is utterly ignorant of world affairs, trade policy, public policy, national security, or history might do.

So, basically, exactly the kind of thing 90+ percent of the people who voted for him want him to do. And therein lies the real problem.

4 Likes

I can not help but think of the famous quote of one of Little Donnie’s heros, Teddy Roosevelt. “Scream at the top of your lungs and swing a big stick wildly above your head.”

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available