Discussion: Trump: There's A 'Chance' We'll Have 'Major, Major Conflict With North Korea'

And the vegetables and kale he and Michelle would urge on us. Yuck.

4 Likes

This statement has the same feel of all the “balloon floats” this week. Its basically Trump throwing out as many shiny balls as possible to create an illusion that they are hard at work doing lots of stuff in the WH. With the added bonus of he is talking about bombing stuff, which he has found isn’t only incredibly appealing to his inner(outer?)child, but also moves up his poll numbers.

Basically, they embarrassed themselves on an epic scale by threatening with a aircraft carrier that they didn’t have, they demanded that the Senate come to THEM and then proceeded to tell the Senate nothing noteworthy at all, revealing it was all just domination theater ahead of the 100 day mark, and now seeing that that didn’t work, he is flailing around tossing out “we might go to war with North Korea” in a desperate attempt to get the press off of their 100 day stories this weekend.

4 Likes

The point is obvious. No one, Democrat or Republican, should cash in on the presidency or any other public office. It’s unseemly.

There should be a law against it. I don’t care if you disagree.

Perhaps the craziest moment in that interview was this one:

"More than five months after his victory and two days shy of the 100-day mark of his presidency, the election is still on Trump’s mind. Midway through a discussion about Chinese President Xi Jinping, the president paused to hand out copies of what he said were the latest figures from the 2016 electoral map.

“Here, you can take that, that’s the final map of the numbers,” the Republican president said from his desk in the Oval Office, handing out maps of the United States with areas he won marked in red. “It’s pretty good, right? The red is obviously us.”

He had copies for each of the three Reuters reporters in the room."

We don’t need more of this behavior, but we need more reporting of these moments. His base will never know and wouldn’t care anyway, but anyone who still has an open mind needs to see the full measure of the insanity that’s at work here.

8 Likes

I know that adding a response this late is unlikely to get a response itself, but I really need to know.

What is the reason that we would attack North Korea? What are they doing that forces us to do that? I understand that we don’t want them to be making nuclear weapons and missiles, but that’s “we don’t want them to do that”. Does the United Nations say that building weapons means that they should be attacked? If Spain or New Zealand built nuclear weapons, would they be attacked?

I am sure that there is some justification for this potential conflict, could somebody please enlighten me?

1 Like

His point is on top of his head—but he tries to comb his hair so that it’s less noticeable.

3 Likes

If the Republicans continue to stand by while this intellectually impaired idiot continues to goad the maniac in North Korea to the point where he feels the need to take some sort of pre-emptive action, it can only be considered a crime against humanity. What further proof do they need that he is just not qualified? Can they read? Can they hear? How is this any different from giving an angry Alzheimer’s patient a loaded gun besides scale?

1 Like

To The Greater Glory of Trump…

In the history books henceforth “Trump, the Conqueror.”…

Edit: “Trump, The Destroyer of Mankind” also has a nice ring to it, if you are Trump…

1 Like

Except that that wasn’t your point. You accused someone here of partisanship, of not caring about Obama’s “cashing in” but pretending that they would be “screaming” if a Republican had done so. Your entire post was, “If a Republican cashed in the presidency, you would be screaming.” You got called on your bullshit so you’re now trying to move the goalposts and pretend that you didn’t say what you said.

As for your new point, that is also bullshit, since accepting an honorarium for a speech, assuming that such payment is in line what others of a similar stature have been offered, is in no way “cashing in,” particularly if it is done after they have left office. People who have such experience, whether in the military, in government, or in corporate affairs, are all in high demand on the circuit and they are all well-paid for the insights that they bring.

Clearly, you do, as care, as your every post here shows, as do your comments in private mail, e.g., “FUCK YOURSELF, crybaby.” As for the “law against it,” I’ll refer you to the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Let me know when you’ve had a chance to read it.

And what’s hilarious about this whole exchange is that you completely missed the point of blandsten’s original post that started this whole thing, blissfully oblivious to the humor in that post and the point that he was making.

3 Likes

I’m inclined to agree. It’s trumpp being hyperbolic because he has no understanding of how to present an argument reasonably. So “major, major” (while it reminds me of Humbert Humbert) is just another attempt to say something on a subject of which he has very little understanding. I hope the two or three smart people around him show him the error of his bombast.

4 Likes

This is the most troubling part of the whole thing. What hope is there for the republic when this is what we have to work with?

What an utterly, breath taking, stupid, comment, even from a troll like you.

you’re whining like the snowflake you think you are, about President Obama…now a private citizen, receiving payment for making a speech…in other words, engaging in commerce, while the actual President IN office is violating the Emoluments Clause right and left, on a daily basis. In just over 3 months, he uses the Office to promote his businesses, his daughter’s business…hell, his wife even sued because she felt she couldn’t cash in on being FLOTUS in a big enough fashion. But no…you come here to whine about Obama.

Newsflash chuckles…nobody gives a shit what you think either.

4 Likes

If you can access this link you’ll see an explanation of the why and how of Korea. It’s lengthy, the issue is complex, this might be the best reporting you’ll see.

3 Likes

Breaking…Trump offers to adopt Kim Jong-un or be a Big Brother. “He reminds me of Barron. I’m sure they’ll get along great. I’m adding killer dogs to the Mar-a-Lago petting zoo.”

(Note: The spell-check, twice, changed Jong-un to Jong-in and again now as I type this…go figure.)

I am not convinced there are smart people around him. And even if there were, they all seem to be completely cowed into only massaging his ego and keep his mood up.

Which is a big part of the over all lack of policy issue going on in the White House. Yes, the lack of actual appointments being made is causing tremendous problems…but those that are in the White House must focus a significant amount of their day to dealing with Trump’s emotions and feelings. There are only so many cycles in a day, and when you are having to spend well over half of them just making sure that Donald isn’t pouting, you don’t have time for much else. And you certainly don’t have time to have a hard discussion with him that you know is going to cause him to pout.

4 Likes

Just a few random thoughts on my Priority Three—

1. North Korea- can they lob bombs in the vicinity of Hawaii?

2. Russian- Sounds like Flynn is in the hot seat…more on this please…

3. How’s that race war coming? Where is pus-face Bannon these days? He’s awfully quiet. My fantasy is that he is rounding up alt-right white asshole to fill gov. Jobs…just an (awful) thought.

1 Like

“There is a chance that we could end up having a major, major conflict with North Korea. Absolutely,”

MAJOR conflict! The biggest conflict in American history. Believe me. We’ll have the biggest bullets, the biggest grenades on Earth! YUGE grenades! We’ll have a special corps of shot-putters from high schools just to throw them, And Coal! We have the biggest coal to power the biggest tanks anyone has ever seen!

3 Likes

Could someone shut him up. Things might actually progress diplomatically if Trump would just STFU and let the very few semi-sane heads in his administration take care of things. The last thing this country needs is the idiot in the back heckling his own administration.

3 Likes

I heard that Obama was spotted not wearing a tie - disgraceful.

2 Likes

Bunker meth freak-out or make-over?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available