Discussion: Trump: There's A 'Chance' We'll Have 'Major, Major Conflict With North Korea'

Could be, but I’ve seen no evidence presented that Trump has a substance abuse problem. My guess is, is that the “cycle” is indicative of mental health issues…be it some form of bipolar disorder or just the manner in which his developing dementia displays itself.

My guesstimate during the campaign, was that his cycle follows roughly a monthly pattern: 1 week of manic behavior, 1 week of depressed behavior, 2 weeks of “normal” behavior (and understand that Trump normal behavior isn’t normal by any other standards, merely compared to his own baseline). At times as the pace of the campaign trail heated up, it seemed to get compressed…a few days of mania followed by a few days of depression, followed by maybe a week of normal.

If this is true, and he is in a depression cycle, the analysis of his 100 days is going to be hitting him particularly hard. Its probably reasonable to assume then, that his next manic cycle will be even angrier and retaliatory.

3 Likes

Yep. And the graph spikes exponentially when new Kremlin cinnections are revealed.

1 Like

To be fair to NK, neither of the two major players in this drama are led by a rational actor.

He doesn’t know or care about any of that. It’s all a smokeshow, timed to distract and deflect.

T rump’s plan as the Great American Negotiator is to threaten global nuclear war, thus sending the entire world into panic mode, forcing every nation on earth to bend over backward to accommodate little pp and his America First grandiosity. Everyone on the planet will do anything he asks, as long as he keeps his finger off the button. Except KJU won’t. Nuclear war ensues. Then he’ll say to the world, See? I told you so. It’s all Hillary’s fault that i brought the end of the world to everyone.

1 Like

“He’s 27 years old. His father dies, took over a regime. So say what you want but that is not easy, especially at that age,”

This takes me back to 8th grade history where we used to read articles from US News and World Report and then report to the class what we just learned. It would almost be kind of cute hearing Donnie talk about all the stuff he is just now learning if it weren’t so f*cking scary.

Titration with mood stabilizers, anticonvulsants, antipsychotics and antidepressants isn’t called substance abuse when a “doctor” of gastroenterology is “managing” the supply.

1 Like

When it comes to fat, dumb and delusional, Kim Jong Un has met his match!

Did anyone watch Maddow last night? She stopped her show to comment on this statement by him, and it visibly upset her because iwas so stupid on his part. She said presidents just do not talk like this, and it was a major provocation on his part.

3 Likes

Maybe. I’m lucky enough to live in a blue state - if anything he’s done more to unite progressives, liberals, indies, mods, old-fashioned cons, anyone with a brain, than I’d have thought possible. And People who are appalled by him but previously weren’t involved in politics (just as the craptastic electoral college envisioned) are watching, and more appalled by R members of congress’ turning a blind eye to the corruption, incompetence, thievery, collusion wth a hostile foreign adversary–and warmongering to change the subject–and are pissed. That type of involvement does not bode well for the Republican Party round these parts, at least. And that I’ll only grow with time.

Short-term, of course, is scary as hell, with this mendacious clown having the codes.

1 Like

Are you serious? Obama can either decide not to talk to these groups. Or he can decide to talk to them for free, even though they can afford to pay him… a lot. Or he can decide to talk to them and charge them for the privilege of hearing his views. I am in favor of them hearing his views and paying for the privilege. You obviously think that he shouldn’t talk to them at all. Well, that’s your privilege.

1 Like

You don’t comprehend satire or snark, do you?

2 Likes

I think, your snarkmeter needs new batteries, they get drained pretty fast these days…

5 Likes

I’d really like to be able to take a day offline with some assurance the Durp Singularity hasn’t eaten the world while I was out.

5 Likes

“he would like to renegotiate the United States’ trade pact with South Korea,”

Which suggests to me that stirring the shit with NK was a leveraging move…a very very stupid, ill-advised, myopic and self-serving leveraging move.

3 Likes

Nothing motivates like fear.

And yet, somehow, when George W. Bush did precisely that, there was a distinct lack of “screams.” Funny how that works.

Did you have a point to make?

2 Likes

Actually attacking North Korea, or engaging in a highly provocative act (naval blockade?), runs the very real risk of killing tens of thousands of innocent South Koreans, along with members of the U.S. military. At what point does our military refuse to obey Trump? Does the military launch a preemptive strike on a nation that has not attacked us first when that nation is capable of inflicting an untold number of deaths to an ally in retaliation? A very different scenario than our attack in Afghanistan and Iraq. Does a General staring at the shelling of Seoul say “Nope, not going there, we’re not doing this.”

4 Likes

We determined yesterday after reading this things many posts that he/she is our news unwanted troll. Best to disregard.

3 Likes

Please Take your false equivalency somewhere else

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available