Discussion: Trump: 'Terrible Thing' Kavanaugh Allegations 'Weren't Given To Us Months Ago'

1 Like

This criticism from the right about the timing of these allegations makes me laugh. Even if Feinstein withheld the information deliberately, just to sandbag Kavanaugh at the last second (which from what I understand, isn’t the case at all, but setting that aside, even IF that were the case) IT’S FUCKING POLITICS! You’re ALLOWED to sandbag the opposing party that way. In fact, Repugs used to be great at it

“waa waa, why weren’t these allegations given to us months ago, wa wa wa!?”

Ask your own boy that, idiot. It’s not the democrats’ job to vet your nominees, it’s YOURS!!!

10 Likes

“Why didn’t you do our job for us and do all of these background checks and investigations before we got egg all over our face”, asked the ostensibly most powerful man in the world. “No loyalty from the opposition. Sad (or mean)!”

12 Likes

“This is a terrible thing that took place and it’s frankly a terrible thing that this information wasn’t given to us a long time ago.” (emphasis added)

Maybe I’m overthinking his wording, but this sounds like it’s a long way from “this never happened.”

6 Likes

“…Allegations weren’t given to us months ago.” That sounds like surrender.

5 Likes

6 Likes

“Judge Kavanaugh is anxious to do it, I don’t know about the other party.”

“The other party”.

Not even a person. Just a thing. A party.

Not a living human being who was violently attacked, violated, and thought she would die – as a helpless child.

Nope. Just a minor speedbump on the way to ramming through a win for the Party of Roy Moore™.

15 Likes

Too bad Kavanaugh didn’t tell you or those who should have been vetting him. You know, when you ask the question, "Is there anything in your past that might come up and be a problem … like compulsive gambling and excessive debt, alcoholism or, I don’t know - attempted rape.

8 Likes

Kavanaugh should have used the Trump strategy of popping a breath mint before grabbing any genitalia…

That would smoothed things over…

2 Likes

It’s only Tuesday. My money is on Kavanagh withdrawing late Friday due to the horrible stress that these false allegations have put his wife and small children through.

4 Likes

Also,

“Why didn’t you tell us about this earlier” means Trump thinks Kavanaugh is making him look bad, which means Kavanaugh is toast.

Buh-bye, Brett.

5 Likes

They do that frequently, dehumanizing people. Sounds like an old set of tactics from the 30s?

5 Likes

Why so you could have told the FBI to ignore it as “not their thing” back in July instead of today. And of course she is more nervous than Kavanaugh to testify before the committee, the committee isn’t being led by a bunch of mewling sycophants looking to stack the deck in her favor.

5 Likes

It’s a terrible thing you still haven’t given us all those Kava documents for review.

8 Likes

Gee, Lil’ Shroomglans, didn’t the Federalist Society include these allegations in their recommendation? I thought that’s what put his nomination over the top. “My kind of guy,” you said.

5 Likes

Why do those rascally Democrats keep allowing Republicans to nominate sexual predators to key positions?? It’s a terrible thing.

And why the heck didn’t the Steele report encompass these heinous allegations? It’s a terrible thing.

Why didn’t our vaunted IC suss this all out?

Because everyone has it in for Trump, I tell you. Or maybe, just maybe, because he’s an evil misogynist troll and incredibly incompetent?

I suppose it’s nice to see McGahn shiv Trump, however inadvertently, again on his way out

4 Likes

I guess that vaunted Russian Intelligence failed Trump this time. Probably because he stiffed them when the bill came due…per usual.

4 Likes

Kavanaugh: How did we miss that? Oh, I remember. It must be in that over 90% of my work product I did as a public servant that’s being withheld from consideration by that Trump lawyer who overrode the National Archives recommendation.

3 Likes

Idiot. Justice Kennedy announced his retirement in June and the Cretin in Chief only nominated Kavanaugh in what? July? This is September, you mushroomy moron.

1 Like

Trump also said that Diane Feinstein had sat on the information for “many months.” But how could she have done that when Kavanaugh was not announced as the nominee until July 9? From July 9 to early September is not “many months.”

And the truth of the matter is that the letter that was sent to Feinstein was dated July 30. That’s only about 6 weeks from the time the information went public – a month and a half, not “many months.”

And the further truth is that the accuser did not want to go public with her accusations at the time the letter was written, so what could Feinstein really have done with it anyway? She may well have feared that if she shared it with other Democrats on the committee, it increased the likelihood that the information would be leaked to the press, and the writer’s request for confidentiality would be broken. And as it was, that’s what happened anyway. Feinstein only turned over the letter to the FBI after the information in it somehow got leaked to the press.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available