Discussion: Trump Tells Lawmakers 'We Don’t Want To Forget DACA' After Ending Program

1 Like

Why don’t they just take the DACA Executive Order as written and enact it into law? But I guess that is too simple for these idiots, particularly the idiot-in-chief.

12 Likes

“Because we don’t want to forget DACA, and it’s already been a week and a half and people don’t talk about it as much.”

Just because Fox News is too busy covering the Aztecs doesn’t mean the rest of us have forgotten.

10 Likes

Lawmakers aren’t going to do shit. That’s why Obama issued the Executive Order in the first place.

Unless of course Trump does a deal with democrats and then instructs Ryan and McConnell to have a vote on it (the pair of pussies probably would do as ordered). That would generate tons of entertaining comments in the wingnut sites.

11 Likes

We’re talking Congress here – a group that can take a simple declarative sentence and bloviate it into a meaningless word salad without working up a sweat.

6 Likes

IgNoblesse Oblige.

7 Likes

Translated this means that Trump has the attention span of a 3 year old who just discovered that pressing a button on the little black box on the coffee table will make the TeeVee change colors.

13 Likes

I don’t want to jump to any conclusions here, but sometimes it seems like this President kind of doesn’t really know what he’s doing.

16 Likes

This is a really positive sign, let’s hope they can all come together on this.

“We sure showed THEM! didn’t we? And we’ll make 'em pay for it!”

2 Likes

You should change your screen name to “Pollyanna.”

7 Likes

Trump’s razor: Either he has gained some bit of empathy for the Dreamers or he’s media savvy enough to know that the pictures of Dreamers who carried people to safety from the flood waters of Harvey might cement his image as a heartless bastard and would be used against him in 2020…

We all know that he craves – CRAVES – adoration. So I’m going with door #2.

10 Likes

“We want to see if we can do something with regard to immigration, with regard to the 800,000 people that are now young people, they’re not children anymore"

How about not holding them hostage? Let’s give that a shot and see how that works.

11 Likes

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that “we want to see if we can do something” for the nearly 800,000 young undocumented people who had been protected by DACA, or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, until he ended the program on Sept. 5.

Uh, maybe rescind your Executive Order? Do ya think that’d be a start?
Or, maybe ice cream cones for all the Dreamers as you force them out of their homes and out of their country?

3 Likes

“We want to see if we can do something with regard to immigration, with regard to the 800,000 people that are now young people, they’re not children anymore,” he added Wednesday. “They were children, now they are young people, but we want to see if we can do something in a bipartisan fashion so that we can solve the DACA problem, and other immigration problems.”

I wonder if there are any Republican donors that need slave labor to increase their profits? s/

AKA Trump’s impersonation of someone who actually has a beating heart. Never lasts more than a fleeting moment or two.

5 Likes

‘I wanna be POPULAR! Don’t you knuckleheads get it??? I wanna be loved by all! Make it happen!’

3 Likes

After you all make me sign that nasty anti-Nazi thing, we have to do something to reassure the base.

Maybe get the DACA kids to pay for the wall.

1 Like

Another option exists.

DACA wasn’t about him. Doesn’t have his name anywhere on it. Announcing he was ending DACA turned into stories about the Dreamers, not about Trump.

So naturally, he got bored with it. It always has to be about HIM, and he certainly is not going to share the spotlight with “those” people!

9 Likes

Could have also just been that last bit of Bannon caught in his limited RAM…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available