Discussion: Trump Stonewalls On When He Knew Flynn Lied To FBI: 'You Know The Answer'

He’s open to state charges whether he’s pardoned or not.

6 Likes

True, but I doubt Schneiderman would charge a cooperating witness.

2 Likes

Occam’s Razor
The simplest answer is often the correct one …
and when you are dealing with simpletons

4 Likes

He’s going full on Joe Pesci in his speech, gestures, and attitude.

Most importantly Mueller know when Donny!
I hear the train a coming!

2 Likes

Trump didn’t make a phone call to Russia.

They called him.

2 Likes

Me too. Loud and clear too.

Depends on the level of cooperation, I would assume—and the cooperation would have to affect other sate charges against other perpetrators.

1 Like

Watch the entire “presser on the lawn”. You owe it to yourself. He did a lot more than just dodge questions. He claimed the FBI was corrupt, in tatters and that he was going to fix it. He claimed what the FBI found “on the other side” ( Clinton ) was enormously damaging. The same FBI he just said wasn’t worth a shit. He claimed the investigation of Clinton was rigged. I guess Chafettz and Gowdy are closet libs. He went off on immigration as well. Claiming “they send their worst people” in reference to countries that participate in the Lottery System to gain a visa to work in the USA. He implied those countries screen the applicants, rig the lottery, pick out the worst and send them to us. In fact those lotteries are conducted by the US Embassy in the home country of the prospective immigrant and are guided by very tough standards. There is no future for America in this.

The guy is a threat to America’s future.

15 Likes

Regardless the State charges threat I have to think being foretold you’re essentially immune to Federal charges holds forth the potential to corrupt and obstruct Mueller’s efforts in some fashion or another. Conversely, I suppose Mueller could promise leniency or no charges at all at the State level (arranged with States obviously) in exchange for cooperation, reduced charges and minimal to no jail time at the Federal level. So long as the perp refused Trump’s pardon. Or…take your pardon and Schneiderman is putting you away for 5-10. You choose.

3 Likes

OT: Since the comments don’t work for me on Caitlin’s piece re: Trump’s address at the FBI, I am putting this here.

4 Likes

BS lies and the lying liars to think we fall for this crap.

Run for office- the 2018 elections are less than a year away! And if Trump and Louie Gohmert can get elected what’s to stop a qualified candidate?

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. You’ll meet with neighborhood Dems and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office.

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led Voter run-around help them do that.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump and half of eligible voters stayed home last November. Today’s 12-year olds will be voting for President in 8 years.

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly.

Get appointed to your Planning Commission. Know everything going on in your community.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The next census is in 2020, just over 2 years from now, when we redraw Congressional Districts.

And get rid of GERRYMANDERING! Safe GOP seats gave us such intellectual giants as Louie Gohmert and Steve King. In most cases it’s the state Legislature that draws Congressional boundaries. Make it FAIR, OPEN and HONEST! We can do this!

Overturn Citizens United. Money is NOT speech and Corporations are NOT people- at least not until Texas executes one, and overturn any voter ID laws that are clearly an attempt to disenfranchise the poor and people of color.

“If you’re disappointed by your elected officials, grab a clipboard, get some signatures, and run for office yourself.”
-President Barack Obama

“Those who would purposely mislead or seek to confuse others are bad people. Worse, they are evil.”
-Kathleen Parker

You Got To Run!

3 Likes

Is it possible that he really believes declaring over and over that there was no collusion will somehow make it so?! SMFH.

2 Likes

Where was that reported?

Rawstory, yesterday. Your favorite.

1 Like

No is immune to the law in the USA. No one. Trump may feel he is but he’s not and he’s no match for Mueller. His attorny’s are no match for Mueller’s. His inner circle no match to Mueller’s. No way Trump gets over on Mueller no matter what he’s been told or what the law is. Trump will lose.

4 Likes

I note that we have completed the left side of the now proven Mathematical formula to predict indictments/guilty pleas:

At least 2 attacks on POCs (pick 'em) + Hillary (Fox today) + 1 institution/entity that Trump believes is composed of POCs (Chicago/#theresistance) = indictment/guilty plea to be shortly revealed.

An extra juicer is the involvement of GOP members of Congress (Nunes + friends in DOJ trying to out FBI agents).

Not sure at this point whether there will be a revelation today, as it’s nearly noon ET, but I think we will get one soon. I don’t see Mueller taking this crap lying down.

6 Likes

I have to question if the nation merits a promising future if the citizenry is capable of electing such a person under the duly enacted laws and electoral structure we have. In a very real sense we’ve earned whatever descent into hell and eventual collapse occurs should it happen. Over 225 years of crafting and refining and amending our election rules and laws resulted in a system where a person could lose by millions of votes and yet still win the Presidency. Bed made. Sheets set on fire.

3 Likes

I’ve searched for a definitive ruling on the ability of a President to pardon himself for any and all crimes. My research yields a collection of legal opinions very much at odds with each other.

1 Like

Huh?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available