Discussion: Trump: 'Steve Scalise Took A Bullet For All Of Us'

I’m so sick of hearing how this guy is somehow an instant hero for being shot

3 Likes

Seriously, i was more concerned for Forrest Gump.

3 Likes

Took a few seconds to realize who the guy in the chair was.

Brilliant, sad and true.

2 Likes

There seems to be no good reason for this other than to spite Obama and “the liberals”. This being one of the last opportunities to do so.

2 Likes

Dear President Lard Butte:

Steve took a bullet for his white nationalist ideals.

Wrong as they are, at least he has some that extend beyond his pocket book and family.

Signed, America

1 Like

“And because of him and the tremendous pain and suffering he’s now enduring — and he’s having a hard time, far worse than anybody thought…”

Huh. Who knew getting shot sucks? Maybe he’ll think about the hard time he’s having right now the next time he votes in a piece of legislation approved by the NRA.

2 Likes

You know? Anyone else could say this sentiment and wouldn’t rub me the wrong way. THIS lying POS just uses it for political purposes and it makes my skin crawl.

6 Likes

Absolutely.

1 Like

What about Gabby Giffords?
What about about Bradley and Reagan?
What about JFK?
What about George Wallace?
What about Johnson?
What about Lincoln?

The US is #1 in the world in gun violence with over 35,000 citizens killed each YEAR by guns. We’ve had 3 Presidents assassinated by guns.

The US gun culture is killing Americans left and right…and the Republicans and NRA don’t give a shit!

3 Likes

Really??

It must be nice to live 71 years and be able to secure yourself with a series of catch phrases, moronic tweets and idiotic statements strung together to form sentences and occasional paragraphs.

For the rest of us including my spouse who took two bullets twenty years ago and then lost her insurance- Go Fuck Yourself.

You know nothing SOB. Mr. Scalise deserves more than your idiotic bullshit.

Knowing what I know, this man will never be the same, his family will never be the same, and you, sir, have no right to speak his name.

I’m a solid progressive Democrat who hurts for him. And you diminish his pain and recovery with your crap.

Go away. Leave us.

5 Likes

Does he even know what changes came about last year? Every time I hear him say the word “pray” I want to vomit.

3 Likes

No, Donald. Steve Scalise took a bullet for YOU. You need to be clear on that – you are the one who brought the country to this point. You are the one who repeatedly has incited sick sons of bitches like the shooter who decided the only way to get back at you was to go out and kill Republicans. You are the one who continues to foment hatred and fear among those people who actually listen to your bullshit.

Steve Scalise thought it was safe to promote whatever policies he did, and there were many that most of us here don’t agree with. But he thought it was safe to do what he did without the possibility of assassination. That someone attempted to assassinate a group of people at baseball practice is directly attributable to your encouraging violent and disturbed people to act out.

1 Like

In his own demented Ill advised vernacular, America is taking a bullet the for this madman…it will take years to recover once he is finally gone.

He took a bullet because karma never forgets.

Scalise is nothing but a victim of the organization which loves him back. Three UPS drivers were killed, two wounded, and the stories in the SF Chronicle describe how much they were loved by the neighborhoods they served. Everyone felt that they had friends in these guys, I did too in the case of Big Mike Lefiti to whom I was referring.

2 Likes

Your heart and your soul and your brain are far bigger than anything DT possesses. He leaves all of with feelings of anxiety similar to what we experienced after 9/11 and feared for our country.

Oh, gag me! Such treacle!

Well, it wasn’t caused by a terrorist and he didn’t know anyone who died, so it’s not important. If it doesn’t enhance his self-image, it’s irrelevant in trumpworld.

3 Likes

OUCH! ("…try to be a little more descriptive…") FUCKING! OUCH!

Ha ha! Caught by the comment nanny. It doesn’t like short comments that are all caps. Just add in something mixed case and it will not nag you.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available