Discussion: Trump: 'Steve Scalise Took A Bullet For All Of Us'

“My dear friend Steve Scalise took a bullet for all of us,”

“And because of him and the tremendous pain and suffering he’s now enduring — and he’s having a hard time, far worse than anybody thought — our country will perhaps become closer, more unified — so important. So we all owe Steve a big, big thank you.”

Imgur

20 Likes

Somewhat o/t

‘Winston Wolf’ visited ‘Lil Havana’ today.

2 Likes

“Today a man on fifth avenue makes it back home due to the inspiring bravery of this congressman.”

9 Likes

“Steve Scalise took a bullet for all of us.”

So that makes it OK then? That unity comes about with guns? Didn’t happen after Sandy Hook or Charleston.

15 Likes

Lovely sentiments, Donald, except you’re not being investigated because of a lack of unity in the country. You’re being investigated because there’s a very strong case to be made you did crimes. Unity has fuck-all to do with it.

14 Likes

8 Likes

He says this on the same day his re-election campaign (GAH!) is sending out emails about the need to defeat horrible, obstructionist Dems.

11 Likes

“I call on Cuba to come to the table and negotiate a new deal that is fair to their people and to our people. And also to Cuban-Americans.”

Because, you know, Cuban Americans aren’t “our people.”

18 Likes

Doctors are mum on the day they’ll roll back the stone covering the entrance to Scalise’s room.

10 Likes

“My dear friend Steve Scalise took a bullet for all of us."

But more importantly, he took a bundle from the NRA.

Just like Cheddar Ceauşescu and the rest of this gun-sucking, NRA-wed, RICO-trashing mob of hypocrites.

23 Likes

Interesting how he mentioned Cuba allowing nuclear weapons 50+ years ago, but didn’t mention Russia placing them there.

Motherfucker is really scraping the bottom of the barrel of the base base when he has to gin up support amongst the Miami Mafia.

16 Likes

“Politico reported Thursday that a lobbyist for Tyson Foods who was also shot Wednesday, Matt Mika, remains in critical condition and will require additional surgeries, his family said Thursday.” Wait, Mika is a lobbyist, not just a “former congressional staffer” as he was initially reported? They let lobbyists play on their baseball team?

7 Likes

You took a bullet, Donnie, you just don’t realize yet how much damage it caused…

5 Likes

Perhaps Christmas day

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/K/n/u/d/a.aaa-Karen-Walker-quotes.jpg

7 Likes

After reading that post, I was torn between digging up previous Scalise gun lobby statements or wishing him a safe recovery.

Right now, I’m going for door #2

6 Likes

No Donald he took it for the NRA who won’t allow us to ban assault weapons and weapons of war .
We are supposed to accept this as the price we pay for freedom?
With all due respect
Go Fuck yourself Mr “shoot someone on 5th avenue”.

8 Likes

— and he’s having a hard time, far worse than anybody thought —

lol. couldn’t help your mouth from running, could you donnie

3 Likes

So the Scalise shooting is Trump’s “we have hit rock bottom” moment about civility and violence?

Not Sandy Hook, the Pulse Nightclub massacre or the hundreds of other mass shootings over the last several years?

13 Likes

Not terrible news about Trump’s changes to Cuban policy:

> Trump announces revisions to parts of Obama’s Cuba policy

President Trump announced a new policy toward Cuba Friday that prohibits any commercial dealings with Cuba’s economically powerful military and somewhat limits the freedom of U.S. citizens to travel to the island, but leaves in place many changes implemented by his predecessor.

In a speech delivered in the heart of Miami’s Little Havana, Trump declared an end to what the White House calls the Obama administration’s policy of “appeasement.” The White House argues that any benefits of an opening to Cuba should “go to the Cuban people” and not the Cuban military and intelligence services.

The new directive, however, will not affect those elements of the normalization begun by Obama in December 2014 that are popular with younger Cuban Americans and others. Unlimited “family” travel and money sent to private Cubans on the island will remain unchanged.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-announces-revisions-to-parts-of-obamas-cuba-policy/2017/06/16/dee8671c-52ab-11e7-91eb-9611861a988f_story.html?utm_term=.3de6213b1a72&wpisrc=al_alert-COMBO-world%2Bnation&wpmk=1

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available