Discussion: Trump Says He Thought Presidency 'Would Be Easier'

Agreed. He has done considerable damage. The blood boiling in Korea. The ugly missteps with Canada and using just a few words to drive down the peso. He is a malignant, mindless buffoon, a Bad Combination! Least I forget the race-war pot he is stiring here at home. I have a bad feeling about this…I do fear for our future…

6 Likes

Curse you Barack Obama!

1 Like

Someone needs to get Alec Baldwin to resurrect the Toonces skit.

The man who thought he could be president.

7 Likes

My sympathies.

I agree that alliebean may be on to something that hadn’t really occurred to me. Surely even Trump realizes somewhere just how much more class and smarts Obama has than he (Trump) could ever dream of. But for him it probably comes back to “If you’re so smart, why aren’t you rich?” (and why don’t you have a hot young trophy wife?).

In any case, there’s fodder for at least a masters’ thesis in historical psychology.

6 Likes

Just further shows that this man baby has no capacity for analysis or, indeed, thinking about the world in any way. I’m sure he knew ahead of time that there’d be secret service protection. And any normal person would think about the consequences of that. Not trump. And, what may be worse, he shows no shame in admitting he didn’t, which - given his ego - means he doesn’t know that it should be embarrassing to admit missing such an obvious thing, which further implies that he doesn’t even know its possible to think analytically.

Terrifying for a person with a finger on the nuclear button.

3 Likes

Trump: "I thought it would be easier.”

“Difficulty is the one excuse that history never accepts.” – Edward R. Murrow

19 Likes

Though it would be easier? Imagine how hard it would be if you were actually doing it.

8 Likes

And it’s still a classic. It was written as satire but it ended up reading like a documentary.

8 Likes

Consider the dung beetle: Does he fret or complain? No, he just rolls forward his big ball of shit with dignity and purpose.

14 Likes

And Fabre’s writings about the dung beetle are still fantastic…

2 Likes

Me!!!

2 Likes

Feel free to go BACK to that previous life. We wouldn’t mind a bit.

I knew that he’d be overwhelmed and would want to quit.

5 Likes

He’s what…70 years old? He’s lived through 17.5 presidential terms, 12 Presidents? He’s seen them get assassinated, shot, forced to resign, deal with hostage crises, recessions, deal with wars that have killed and maimed and ruined thousands of our own, weigh and shoulder the orders they gave that resulted in those deaths and maimings and ruined lives, investigated, humiliated, smeared, undermined, impeached and aged preternaturally by their presidencies and the stress it placed on them mentally, emotionally and physically…and his conclusion was that he could just “wing it.” Oblivious imbecile doesn’t even begin to describe this person.

17 Likes

Ha! This could be a boy-DJT.

Then quit.

Win/win.

9 Likes

I expect Obama’s wealth will eventually outpace Trump’s soon enough, just by nature of who he is. He isn’t going to have to grift and money launder for the Russians. He’ll bring his experience and intellect to the table and that will be enough…

7 Likes

54% did vote against him.

5 Likes

A mind like an eel fapp…

5 Likes

The presidency has become a regressed elderly man’s coming-of-age story. Fuck all if that’s not insane.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available