Discussion: Trump Says He Thought Presidency 'Would Be Easier'

Hmmmmm, you may have something there. Drumpfie must recognize deep down that Obama can only have contempt for his ignorance and uncouthness, and that could explain his extremely vindictive desire to tear down everything Obama did, whether it makes sense or not. It’s blind jealous rage – Drumpfie knows that, just like with the elite Manhattanites who peer down their noses at him and his garish, wannabee townhouse, he will never really belong in the circle of ex-presidents. His winning has exposed his inadequacy in ways nothing else could have. He should have never run – he’s destroying his personal myth.

20 Likes

They’re scared and turned to some one who promoted himself as “savior” from a world turning to fast, societal changes that are hitting them, and their core beliefs they are finding has a crumbling foundation.

7 Likes

Trump learns how to be President

7 Likes

Jesus do we ever have a stupid guy in the wrong place.

12 Likes

Apparently his cocoon limits his pussy-grabbing opportunities.

8 Likes

Heard yesterday that the Secret Service is stretched too thin with Trump moving from WH to Mar A Lago, wife #3 staying in NYC and the Trump bros running around the world. And the shit tweet storms he produces have created loads of threats that they have to investigate, which means there’s no personnel or time to do any of their other duties.
I don’t want some one making a martyr out of him.

11 Likes

Yeah, it takes skills found in community organizing and an understanding of our constitution. We should elect more community organizing constitutional scholars, and fewer game show hosts.

18 Likes

And yet Pence was produced because of his time in Congress-in which I believe he produced nothing, and his experience as a Governor in which he created controversy and didn’t help those in his state that needed help. Pence is straight of central casting for Xtian fascist stooge.

9 Likes

I thought Trump would be smarter. We were both wrong.

4 Likes

Donnie just needs a few more interesting chew toys, then he’d be OK.

4 Likes

And thus reality catches up with him. He’s going to look like a skeleton by the end of his term

1 Like

Why people didn’t vote or voted for Trump (signal) has to be separated from the man himself (noise) if we wish to understand where we are and what needs to be done to knit this country back together.

3 Likes

William Henry Harrison had a more productive first 100 days, and he was dead for 69 of them.

30 Likes

Or a blimp.

4 Likes

“So, you say, you want out, then ?”

4 Likes

I think the strongest indicator of his complete self-unawareness and abysmal ignorance is that he fesses up to this after the fact. He didn’t understand health care ; he thought the presidency would be easier ; he didn’t understand NATO. On and on and on - he admits after the fact that he didn’t know what he was doing when he was blustering during the campaign.

And it shows how self-deluded his supporters are: they assert that it elevates him in their eyes, since it demonstrates that he isn’t a politician, and that he is getting better, and has fresh eyes yada yada yada. They take every craven misstep as a sign of greatness. {But I believe they suspect they have been conned, or foolish. Fears of the type “Have I made a huge mistake?” often lead to doubling down and loudest, shouted denials.}

10 Likes

Can someone explain why the adult offspring of a president require Secret Service protection? These world travelers should know how to protect themselves by now.

2 Likes

Soon he’ll just need someone to wipe the drool off.

2 Likes

As adults, they can decline protection at any time. Ron Reagan and Patti Davis both dismissed their details.

12 Likes

He conned his supporters.
He conned himself.
He’s a con man.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available