Discussion: Trump Relitigates Democratic Primary (Again) More Than A Year After It Ended

Yes, but in my case, not nearly as often. And then only because of the regulars who post here.

2 Likes

Ditto. As my cousin used to say to her motherā€™s poodle: ā€˜Cā€™mon Crystal! Into the microwave!ā€™

3 Likes

:expressionless:

My other thought is that if Trump were truly a ā€˜mad kingā€™ or a ā€˜mad emperorā€™, then his tweets; his strange pronouncements; would have to be taken very seriously as ā€œoff with his headā€ moments, which would have real life or death consequences. As it is they are meaningless nonsense. But, because heā€™s ceded so much authority to others, Not only his tweets, but Trump the man, himself, is a gross distraction to the ongoing ravaging of the Republic by the GOP

6 Likes

I am an unsigned executive order
Only an unsigned executive order
And I sitting here on Steve Bannonā€™s desk
Waiting for him to put me in a pleather bound folder
For the President to sign with a sharpie
And if he signs me, I will instruct DHS to do a study
On how Mexico pay for the wall
Oh I hope and pray that he will
But today I am just a unsigned executive order.

6 Likes

I saw what you did

5 Likes

Yep.

'Cos we all know that anything he accuses someone else of doing is something he himself has done.

In short - he and his campaign colluded with the Russians.

7 Likes

They are creating at the very least, an unsustainable cognitive dissonance in his followers. Specifically in the past few days he as admitted A) that Russian did indeed hack our elections, B) That itā€™s Obamaā€™s fault and now C) That he did collude with the Russians.

The first two are actually very key. By admitting that Russian did hack our elections, his supporters now have to accept that as fact orā€¦they have to accept that Trump is a liar. By adding the ā€œObamaā€™s faultā€ he actually increases the probability that they WILL believe that Russia hacked our elections. Because they have been trained for a decade to blame everything on Obama. Therefore, ā€œObama did something wrongā€ = ā€œRussia hacked our electionsā€

Once he gets that notion out there and accepted by his base,it can and will go lots of places, none of which are favorable to supporting Trump long term.

Now, he is essentially admitting that he colluded with Russia, with the defense that Hillary ā€œcolludedā€ with the Democratic Party (which is nonsensical in just about every way, particularly to his target audience who donā€™t care)so its all ok.

So Trump has now confirmed there was hacking by Russia and that he was working with them to on these hacks in order to get elected. These are key factors that his die hard supporters simply donā€™t believe ever happened. Yet now their Orange Leader has said they didā€¦on his own without being directly provoked. That level of dissonance will create confusion and anger, followed by a disdain for the one causing it.

10 Likes

Updated, for the Dumblefuck years:

Who would have guessed that art would precede life?

5 Likes

BTW, Doctor Who confounded again. Just when it had done enough mediocre, sleepwalking episodes so lame Iā€™d given up hope, last night was one of the best ever

1 Like

This has been going on for a long time. Trump is the symptom, not the cause. He never could have been elected, even with Putinā€™s help, in a world where Americans shared more or less the same set of facts.

This goes back to eliminating the fairness doctrine, IMO. It didnā€™t take long for certain actors to start exploiting the ability to propagandize while pretending to deliver news. It has been a long term project.

13 Likes

Locking up various members of Trumpā€™s posse would just confirm all the bubble has heard about Deep State working against Trump because they hate Murica and want to bring about Sharia Law.

1 Like

Shorter Trump : So what if I colluded with Russia?! Hillary colluded with the DNC! She cheated too and itā€™s worse because sheā€™s a woman!

9 Likes

Iā€™ll never know:)
I am enjoying the 3rd season of Dark Matter quite a lot. The latest episode had a brief but very trenchant sendup of Doctor Who and the ā€œend of timeā€ nonsense which pops up every now and then.
Killjoys starts season 3 on June 30.

its really sad that TPM feels compelled to allow this pathetic person, TRUMPf , to dominate its pageā€¦front and centreā€¦every dayā€¦no matter what else is going on.iā€™m more interested in what the CONGRESS is doing while TPM is distracted by TRUMPfs silly tweetsā€¦do you job, TPMā€¦

I agree. One side-effect is w a hard right network, committed and financially successfulā€“this intimidated the big 3 (and CNN and NYT) so that they slid right and went gutless. So it has been a double loss.

3 Likes

8 Likes

While I hesitate to credit Herr Fuehrer with the skills of a magician, I fully agree with your point that he uses the tweets to distract the base from reality.

ā€œLook over hereā€ (while I hide the coins over there).

It really is a distraction, and everyone seems to play along.

3-card Monte is a well-rehearsed Street tradition in New York.

5 Likes

You mean Obama? :wink:

5 Likes

Is that the Bernie Sanders who, together with his wife, is being investigated for bank fraud by the FBI? That one? Small surprise Trump is so sympathetic to him.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available