Discussion: Trump Rejects Criticism He Waited Too Long To Condemn White Supremacists

You are not alone. I do tend to shorten things with quips or I would type forever and ever. With that I will say: “George Washington was a slave owner.”

Nut job is the perfect way to describe trump. He’s gotta go.

4 Likes
10 Likes

My dogs are convinced the gardener is an axe murderer. Of course, that’s typical dachshund thinking.

5 Likes

Her statue should be Lee’s replacement.

14 Likes

"That day in Munich back in 1933 was a horrible horrible day. Didn’t you see the cuts and bruises on the hands of the nice Arian boys in brown shirts? The Communists and their banker friends purposely placed their faces with their long noses directly in the path of those poor boys fists. Horrible! Just horrible’…Donald Trump-

3 Likes

Reading your post and something occurred to me. We on the left keep thinking this big gasping, crazy thing he’s done is going to be it, THE thing that will lead to his undoing. But it’s not going to be any one thing. Sure, there will be one singular straw that breaks the camel’s back that we can point to as the end. Ultimately, it’s still cumulative. It will be a series of related and unrelated events that lead to his downfall. It’s not firing Coney, attacking Sessions, various tweets, insane press conferences, etc. It’s each of those things. When it’s all said and done, we’ll probably all say how surprised we are that this thing is what brought him down because whatever it is will pale in comparison to the totality of all the other awful shit he’s done.

12 Likes

We haven’t seen the worst yet. Knowing that, and we all know it, republicans know it, will hasten the end.

He’s out of control. This can’'t continue.

11 Likes

Bill Kristol made an excellent point earlier that I can’t help but agree with. Basically, he said we need the national security people and Gen. Kelly to stay right where they are in order to best protect the country from PP. It’s not really about serving the president or his agenda. It’s about saving the country from the president.

12 Likes

Bannon needs to go. He’s feeding the beast.

10 Likes

Period.

7 Likes

And to think Kelly was supposed to bring order to the WH chaos.

Ordnung! Ordnung! Alles ist in Ordnung!

Ja, alles ist besser…

1 Like

Good point. Trying to control or contain him only results in a bigger explosion of rage and resentment. He’s got to show his handlers who’s boss and that nobody puts baby in a corner. They’re better off letting PP be PP because at least the crazy is at an even pace. Managing it sends him over the top.

5 Likes

Doubling down on stupid with other people’s necks in the noose.

Trump doesn’t give a fuck.

9 Likes

Name names. Come on “surrogates”, self identify. Brand ya selves.

1 Like

We’ll know by tomorrow which surrogates are really that fucking stupid.

8 Likes

I think this will go down as his Captain Queeg moment.

Just caught Charles Pierce’s comment about gerrymandering and the role it will play in those who will speak up.

2 Likes

Thanks to @littlgirlblue on another thread

Laurence Tribe‏Verified account
@tribelaw
Follow
More
August 15, 2017 will go down as the turning point in this so-called presidency. This is the first time I felt I could say that. This is it.

PS - sorry the link didn’t transfer. I guess I don’t know how to post tweets correctly.

9 Likes

Not in the least. Brilliantly said.

2 Likes

How hard is it for Ryan and company to do something like this:

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available