Discussion: Trump Rejects Criticism He Waited Too Long To Condemn White Supremacists

I have read the individual remarks and responses as they developed. I read the full transcript that was posted here. Decided it was necessary to actually watch the full presser for the historical nature of it to be complete. And there is a lot to be said but it is becoming incoherent.

3 Likes

This is a red-red-red district. Sounds like it’s definitely an improvement.

John Curtis pulled off the win despite being dogged by attack ads from deep-pocketed outside groups in a race whose three candidates were emblematic of the divisions roiling the GOP under President Donald Trump.

Curtis is a former Democrat who was the most moderate of the Republican candidates running in Utah’s 3rd Congressional District, which Chaffetz represented until June when he abruptly resigned, citing a desire to spend more time with family.

3 Likes

Current headline at CNN…

… well, yeah, except that you were fully, 100%, warned (vid clip embedded in the tweet).

3 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t pick up a folding chair and do a WWF number on a journo.

You mean it can get better ?

1 Like

Just my supporters!

A friendly reminder from “Know Your (grammar) Nazi”, it’s ‘sieg heil’

2 Likes

She’s right. It is deplorable. Trump and Pence are deplorable. And all of their enablers and supporters are deplorable. Can we stop mincing our words now? I can’t stand any of them anymore.

3 Likes

Yes. At least she died standing up for the right cause.

Don’t forget that the anti-mobsters are equally bad. There’s badness on both sides.

2 Likes

The Washington Post must be getting under his skin, judging by todays tweet:

And Baltimore cleaning up

5 Likes

As the attacks on him intensify, so will his defensive attacks.

Tired of all this winning yet?

2 Likes

Bears repeating.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Gee, I don’t recall him being outraged when “his people” and their “small towns” were decimated by Walmart running their Mom ‘n’ Pop stores out of business.

3 Likes

I don’t know how many movies I’ve seen where anti-mobsters used violence against the mobsters. It was a horrible, horrible thing to see.

4 Likes

I have a similar problem with Englich

“today’s”

1 Like

Yeah, I try to be diplomatic. I even, for a time, tried to not use the various 4 letter words here at TPM out of respect for what Josh is trying to build. But trump has negated that and the gloves are off…fully off.

1 Like

I know what you mean - machine guns flashing all over the screen, bodies dropping left, right and center, blood coming out of their - whatevers… Those films are sickening spectacles, and the anti-mobsters are no better than the mobsters; they are not nice people. On the other hand, the films always include lovely soft focus close-ups of several really nice people cheering on the mobsters during these gun battles. It just goes to show that not all of the people on the mobsters’ side of the screen are bad people.

2 Likes

EVERYBODY (ECHO>>>ECHO) RUMBLE!!!

All Trump needs is an obnoxious PA announcer.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available