Discussion: Trump Pokes Fun At VA Chief, Mouths 'You're Fired' Catchphrase (VIDEO)

Shulkin is the one member of Trump’s cabinet–actually, probably just the one member of the Trump administration period–who is generally well liked and respected.

I give him until the end of next week.

3 Likes

Not news. He regularly picks out one of his minions to humiliate in front of all the others. It’s a good way to make sure all of them know that they can be next. I remember one of his meetings when he went around the table asking all of them if they “like” Nikki Haley (his appointee for Ambassador to the UN) and saying, “…because she can be replaced if you don’t like her.” He gets off on playing those sick little games and making everyone who works for him watch and participate.

2 Likes

Yes, those changes, (for instance if you live more than 40 miles from a VA Health Center) you are supposed to be able to see a local doc and have the VA pay for it. It is far more complicated than that however. My husband is 100% disabled from combat-related injuries, and the VA is supposed to pay 100% of medical and dental bills. The coverage for others is not as comprehensive, but even for him the VA would not approve most requests.

He ultimately decided to get supplemental insurance from USAA (available to any veteran) and now we go to UVA for most things instead of a round-trip of 140 miles to Richmond. He is getting much better care, and has avoided 2 unneeded surgeries. Two VA diagnoses have also been proven to be incorrect.

Also, where would the money come to pay for local doctor visits when the VA is already underfunded? Trump is not going to accomplish this – the money isn’t there. As more wounded return from these republican-started wars, more resources will be needed to rehabilitate them. That is something the VA does very well, and equipment is never a problem.

1 Like

Complete asshole.Shame on the bone spur coward.

2 Likes

Thank you for your informed input…and more importantly…thank you and your husband for your service…because I firmly believe that the whole family of those in the armed forces are also enlisted and deserve our thanks and support…

I have heard…and it makes sense…that a lot of the problems with the VA grew out of Bush’s folly in the Middle East that brought home thousands of wounded troops who were only able to return because our medical corps in these modern conflicts do an incredible job of saving so many more wounded than in decades past.

1 Like

Great. My anxiety level is high enough already with the healthcare bill.

1 Like

It’s Rolex Time, Tully Blanchard!

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, irasdad! I agree with @ignoreland - I was surprised to see no mention of our current occupant until I noticed the December 2014 date of publication.

I do take some solace in knowing that in 20, 30, 40 years from now, Tramp will be written about in the same articles as Hitler, bin Laden, the Kims of NK, Jim Jones, David Koresh and so many other madmen of recent history. And his most ardent, fact-averse followers will be seen as the ignorant blind lemmings and enablers that they are.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, the fragile victim who wants to play with the Big Boys blocked the veteran advocacy group Vote Vets from his twitter. What a fucking coward!

The Commander in Chief can block @VoteVets, the voice of 500k military veterans and families, but we will NOT be silenced. pic.twitter.com/SaCN5hKU9R

— VoteVets (@votevets) June 13, 2017

Jehoshaphat! What the !%$&*#$#@

3 Likes

I do for one. What we’re seeing now with the GOP and their Orange crush is exactly why Plato considered strict democracy one of the lowest forms of government. Because it tends towards mob mentalities that can be harnessed and controlled by a tyrant (the lowest form of government). It’s also why the Founders called their experiment a Republic, and spent so much effort in constructing a 3-tiered system of checks and balances empowering laws. Something more insulated from such tendencies, but not immune to them - especially a dogmatic fascist streak perpetuated over 60-80 years like we’ve seen happening with one of our major parties in particular.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s clear but the paragraph is a quote from an essay at NYT from one of its resident liberals, Tim Egan. Personally I’m not going to throw my hands up and surrender six months into this regime, there is freedom all around me, and it’s recognizable for what it is. This isn’t Egypt or Turkey where one could not do most of the things we take for granted, and I have faith checks and balances will stay in place.

1 Like

At this stage, “the crowd’s unspoken needs and cravings” are proving even more worrisome than the leaders embodying them.

1 Like

“poked a little fun” - more like being an a##.
So NOT "presidential.

Trump, Shulkin and an audience of dozens had gathered in the East Room to sign into law the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, which aims to protect VA whistleblowers and make it easier to fire department employees.

Wait a second… everyone knows that whistleblowers are nothing but filthy leakers. So I’m not sure how donnie “the antileaker” trump can support this bill?

1 Like

I wish him a lot of luck in his next endeavour. I hope he enjoys the time he is about to get to spend more time with his family. I do not wish any misfortune upon him. But, karma is a crazy, mentally ill, drunk, drug addicted, angry woman that is about to get ahold of him. We’ll see. I don’t think this fool is going to like the next season of his TV show.

Nice mashup.

1 Like

Because they refuse to listen to anything but FOX and hate radio which is why they never hear about anything negative about Republicans esp. Trump. It’s almost unbelievable the things they “think” happened or didn’t happen because of all the misinformation out there.

I’m not so sure about those checks and balances any longer. Republicans will overlook anything it seems.

There it is

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available